Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cookie Review: Chips Ahoy! Reese's Peanut Butter Cup



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Lots of peanut butter taste
Cons: Personally, too much peanut butter for me

The Bottom Line:
Peanut butter chips
Make these great for those that love
Rest can skip this kind

Definitely for the Peanut Butter Lovers

I have a love/hate relationship with peanut butter.  In small doses or lightly on a sandwich, I like it.  In large doses, I tolerate it barely.  (Okay, so maybe it should be a love/tolerate relationship.)  One of the places I do like peanut butter is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.  They have the right mix with chocolate and peanut butter to be delicious.  That’s why I decided to give Chips Ahoy! Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies a try.  The result wasn’t as good as I had hoped.

While these come in both original and Chewey varieties, I bought the original.  That gives us a crisp cookie filled with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and pieces from Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Unfortunately, I tasted more peanut butter than I would have liked.  There just isn’t enough chocolate in them to taste, at least for me.  A bigger presence of chocolate would have really helped.  Maybe double the chocolate chips and half the peanut butter pieces?  The result tastes like peanut butter cookie to me, and I'm not really a fan of those.

Obviously, if you are allergic to peanut butter, you’d need to stay away, but I don’t have to point that out, correct?

Peanut butter lovers will really enjoy Chips Ahoy! Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cookies.  Me?  I’m going to stick with the original variety when I’m looking for a true chocolate chip cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.