Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6ths Weekly TV Thoughts

TV hasn't quite calmed down for the December break yet, but we're definitely getting there.  And yes, I did get caught up with the shows I missed for Thanksgiving.

Survivor (11/26) – Wow, two idols played, and both of them were vital.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an episode like that.  At one point, I thought they might wind up with no one getting any votes.  Next week should be very interesting.

Girl Meets World (11/28) – Only on TV would parents react like that to someone breaking curfew.  However, that scene had me in stitches.  Not sure why it struck me as so funny, but it did.  And they ended with a nice, touching scene as always, too, although the egg tag scene was pretty darn funny.

Once Upon a Time – Lots of plot advancement, character moments, and a quiet answer to a question from last season.  All in all, a very great episode.  Looking for more?  Here’s my full recap.

Castle – Castle and action stars, that was pretty much as fun as expected.  The movies they were referencing were obvious, but I loved how they played out all of it while playing with Castle’s fan boy personality.  And I love how a big, successful writer like Castle can act like such a gushing fan, too.  You can read more of my thoughts in my full recap.

The Flash – That certainly put a different spin on the “fight” between the two characters, and one I enjoyed.  It was great seeing the two shows teaming up, and I felt the episode was worthy.  Barry does have some things to learn, and hopefully he will start taking them to heart.  Interesting that they introduced Oliver’s ex here.  I’m curious to see how that will go.  My only complaint was that they didn’t show us at all how they captured the villain.  Seemed like a pretty important part of the story to me.

Agents of SHIELD – The show is really beginning to get out there, maybe even too out there.  Yes, even for a show about superheroes.  I’ll definitely stick with it, but I’m just not liking this current storyline at all.

Arrow – The characters from Flash definitely changed the tone of the show some, but it was still pretty true to form.  I loved how it revealed different aspects of the characters on both shows.  In fact, I think the character development was better here, and it was something that couldn’t have been done without introducing the other characters.  And stopping the villain definitely took everyone.  Lots of fun and very well executed.

Survivor – It was worth it for the reactions of those who thought they were in the know but weren’t at the end of the second episode.  The blindside was more on them than anyone else.  Can’t wait to see the fallout next week, although I’m trying to figure out why Natalie suddenly hates Jon so much.  That sure seemed to come out of the blue tonight.

White Collar – I know they are limited for time with only six episodes, but it was still nice to see them slip in one case of the week story.  Granted, they had to do something for Mozzie since he’s such a fan favorite.  It was a nice, light episode, and I really enjoyed it.  Mozzie and Mrs. Suit are always so great together.  And even some of his scenes with Peter were good.

Covert Affairs – Ugh.  Torture.  I knew that’s what we’d get going in to the episode, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.  Glad we can move on to what I’m sure will be two suspenseful final episodes of the season.

Girl Meet World – Okay, so I guess I was only a marginal fan of Boy Meets World because I’ve been reading about some call backs to the series that I had somehow missed.  Overall, I did like the episode, however for mocking itself as a TV show and for admitting how Riley and Maya are mirroring Cory and Shawn.  Overall, fun as always.

Amazing Race – With how close everyone wound up being, I’m so glad this was a non-elimination leg.  I’m not the biggest fan of the wrestlers, but I didn’t want to see them go out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.