Friday, July 31, 2015

July 31st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Can you believe we are on the last day of July already?  Yikes!  Where did the month go?  But it is the 31st and it is time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Crushed Velvet by Diane Vallere.



I'm about half way through this book and really enjoying it.  That's not too surprising since I enjoyed the first in the series so much last year.

The book opens with just a simple sentence:

The crash was louder than I expected.

I'm going with a simple line from page 56 as well:

"I know they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but I'd rather the fabric store not be linked to another homicide."

Want to know more about the book?  I'll be reviewing it (and hosting a giveaway) next Friday.

16 comments:

  1. The cover for this is stunningly cute - and the snippets have definitely caught my attention!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cover! Homicide in a fabric store that sounds intriguing. Happy Friday!
    Here is my Friday 56:
    http://missdothacker.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-spiritglass-charade.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the only fabric/sewing themed series out there, just the only one I read.

      Delete
  3. I would think I'd not want my place of business to be linked to a homicide, either. Good, enticing quotes.

    My Friday 56 and Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would want their place of business linked to homicide, right?

      Delete
  4. Love the 56. This week I am spotlighting Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Mary Wingate - a cozy mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one and I'm really excited about reading it! I really enjoyed a book in an early series by this author. Glad to hear you like and and I love the excerpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read this series by Diane. I keep wanting to try her others, but I haven't found the time yet.

      Delete
  6. Since I enjoy sewing and quilting, I already know I'd like this cozy. Sounds like a fun story.
    My Friday post features The Reluctant Midwife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This cozy would definitely be right up your ally.

      Delete
  7. Looks like another fun cozy. I wonder if one of the rascals on the cover caused that crash. LOL
    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/31/the-friday-56-71-night-and-day/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to spill that. You'll have to pick it up and find out for yourself.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.