Friday, July 10, 2015

Ornament Review: Petite Treat - 2015 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute pepperminty looking cupcake
Cons: Very small
The Bottom Line:
This mini cupcake
Shrinks as mini ornament
Fun by very small




Mini Ornament of a Mini Cupcake

I rarely pay attention to the mini ornaments that Hallmark produces.  However, since I do collect the Christmas Cupcake series, Petite Treat caught my eye.  This mini cupcake is a Keepsake Ornament Club exclusive and really is quite fun.

Unlike the series, the ornament is made all of plastic.  It features a chocolate cupcake in a green cupcake foil.  On the top is a thin layer of red frosting, white frosting, and then just a dap of green frosting.  Finally, on top, is a round, white peppermint candy with swirls of red on it.

Now, I will admit that I the small size does still bother me.  I mean, the entire ornament is only just over an inch tall, so there just isn’t room for much detail.  This also makes it smaller than real mini cupcakes.  However, there is still some fun detail, and the colors and pieces of glitter are quite festive.  I really do love it, although I still worry about the miniature ornaments getting lost in a tree because of their size.

Yes, it may be small, but the bottom is still flat.  You can set it out as part of any display you want.  There is a hook in the top of the peppermint, and the ornament does hang level or close enough it’s hard to tell if it is tipping slightly one direction.

Not a member of the KOC?  Not to worry.  Rumor has it that next year’s ornament in the official Christmas Cupcake series will be inspired by this ornament.  Will it be an exact duplicate only larger?  Or will it be similar with new colors?  Only time will tell.

Either way, you probably only need to track this down if you are a completest, like me.  However, the size is the only problem I can see with this Petite Treat.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Christmas Cupcakes series.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.