Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday!  I'm looking forward to Hallmark's Ornament Premier on Saturday.  But before we get there, it's time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I just started a reread of the 11th book in an old favorite series.  I'm reading Mrs. Pollifax Pursued by Dorothy Gilman.




For those who aren't familiar with the series, Mrs. Pollifax is a grandmother, widow, garden club member...and part time CIA agent.  Her boss at the CIA is Carstairs, so you might guess just how much I love this series.

Here's now the book begins:

Henry Bidwell was rich, but this was of little consequence to him since he had always been rich.

Jumping ahead of page 56:

"Could we go back?" Kadi asked eagerly.  "Could we rescue him?"
Mrs. Pollifax shook her head.  "You've become dangerous to them, Kadi, presumably because you're a friend of Sammy's."

It's probably been close to 20 years since I read this book, so I don't really remember much of the plot.  I'm not much further than the 56, but so far I'm really enjoying it again.

12 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read a Mrs. Pollifax book, now more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to be Mrs Pollifax when I grow up. Or Aunt Dimity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the Mrs. Pollifax series when I read it years ago. Maybe it's time for a revisit. My BB and 56 this week come from The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never even heard of it but it certainly does sound interesting. Do you have to read it in order?
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Mrs. Pollifax in years! It's definitely time for a reread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, and new to me. Love the carnival on the cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover. It sounds interesting, I will have to watch for it. Happy Friday!
    Here is my Friday 56:
    http://missdothacker.blogspot.com/2015/07/friday-56-will-pooles-island.html?showComment=1436559616950#c336502453734994566

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother, at 75, has just taken up reading as a pasttime. She's been on a cat mysteries kick but this sounds like another series she may enjoy!

    My Friday 56 is from A Discovery of Witches: http://www.foofynotfoofy.com/foofynotfoofy/2015/7/10/friday-56-a-discovery-of-witches

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new one! I love discovering new books and authors. This sounds intense and the cover is fun.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/10/the-friday-56-68-for-nick-by-taylor-dean/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is new to me. The passage sounds interesting makes me want to find out more. Here is my Friday 56
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/07/friday-56-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been awhile since I read any of the books in the series but I remember I really loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.