Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ornament Review: Jiminy Cricket - 2015 Hallmark Limited Edition Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures Jiminy at the beginning of the movie perfectly
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Jiminy Cricket
Parachuting in to tree
For fun ornament




Jiminy is Dropping onto Your Tree

I wasn’t going to get him.  I got the mini Jiminy Cricket from a couple years ago, and I have Jiminy as part of the Mickey’s Christmas Carol ornament series.  So I was going to let the limited edition Jiminy Cricket that Hallmark just released go by without buying it.  Then I looked at him, and I caved.

Actually, it’s fairly easy for a DisNerd to justify buying this ornament.  See, unlike the others I just mentioned, this ornament features Jiminy at the beginning of Pinocchio.  In fact, this is just as he is jumping into the story – literally.  He’s holding his umbrella over his head and floating down.  The only difference is, he’s not wearing the rags he is wearing when we first meet him but the spiffy clothes the Blue Fairy gives him at the beginning of the movie.  So maybe it is from a scene later in the film (I must admit it’s been a while since I’ve watched the movie), but I can’t help but think of that first scene.

And that’s why I wound up buying him.  No, I didn’t need Jiminy on my tree again, but I loved this different look for him.  The floating aspect added to the fun and really makes it perfect for an ornament.  This is also Jiminy on his own as a full sized ornament, and I prefer those over the mini ornaments as well.

Since Jiminy is floating, his feet are not flat.  In fact, only the toes of one reach the ground.  This means there is no solid base for setting this ornament out to display, so you’ll have to hang it.  That’s perfect fine because so much of the fun of this ornament is the angle he is hanging.  It looks like he is floating down.  Have I mentioned how fun I find that?

I must not have been alone in loving Jiminy since he was a very popular limited edition ornament selling out quickly in many stores across the country.  So if you want Jiminy Cricket for your Christmas tree, I recommend you track him down soon.

Original Price: $14.95

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%! This is a darling ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to resist. Really, I did. But I just couldn't.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.