Friday, July 17, 2015

July 17th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

My mind has been in Friday mode all week.  I'm so glad it is finally really Friday.  Of course, that means it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is A First Date with Death by Diana Orgain.

                                                                


The books jumps right in with this opening:

The bungee-jumping harness bit into my shoulders and legs as I looked over the railing of the Golden Gate Bridge.  To say the water looked frigid was an understatement.  The whitecaps of the bay screamed out glacier and hypothermia.
Jumping to page 56, we find:

"You think it was a set up?"
"Yes," Paul said.
My breath caught in my throat.  I thought about Theresa Valens.  "You think it was intended for me?"

I actually just finished the book, and I enjoyed it.  Look for my review next week.

11 comments:

  1. No way will this girl ever be hooked to a bungee cord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way will this girl ever be hooked to a bungee cord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No thanks. My luck the cord would break. LOL I like your excerpt too. She better watch out.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/17/the-friday-56-69-grey-daze-by-author-michael-allan-scott/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope! The whole bungee jumping this is so not happening. That being said this looks like a fun read. I have a feeling that whatever happened to Theresa was not good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder whether there will be a lot of dates in this book, in the sense of fruit, since these book titles always seem to be full of puns! The two teasers you've picked are amazing though, they definitely amp up the tension! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beginning. I read to experience things I would never do in real life - including bungee jumping. I'm spotlighting Silver Mirrors by A. A. Aguirre this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet looking down from a high bridge just before bungee juming does look like that. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold water and I do not get along. :)

    I am getting the chills thinking about that sentence. :)

    Thanks for sharing, and enjoy the book.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intriguing 56!
    Bungee-jumping is something I'd like to try but only over water. I doubt I'd try it over land. Not sure why, since dropping you'd be dead either way... lol
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like first dates like this ;) Nope, this date is a fail from the onset!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great opening! Although I doubt bungee jumping is allowed from the GG Bridge.

    Thanks for always playing along with BBOF. I don't stop by to leave comments very often, but I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.