Friday, January 15, 2016

January 15th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's after 1 AM, and I need to get to sleep because I think tomorrow is going to be a very long day.  But before I do, I'm going to pop in with this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Slayed on the Slopes by Kate Dyer-Seeley.




And here's how the book begins:

You're an idiot, Meg.
Yep, that's pretty much the first thing that came to mind as I frantically scanned the frozen sky.

Page 56 is also the start of a new chapter, and this is how that chapter begins:

"Henry, are you okay?"  I jumped to my feet.

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. You too! I can't believe it's Friday already... I love the cover for Slayed on the Slopes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not one of my favorite series. How are you enjoying it? I'd love for you to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsMMH

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Love it! Nice beginning- I like this book already-LOL
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/friday-56_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good beginning and I'm going to guess it's really cold where ever Meg is - here's my Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ the beginning. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice excerpts. I like the cover too. My book this week is Unholy Blue by Darby Kaye. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this book! I think I might have liked the first book better but I think the series definitely has real potential. They've both been really fun reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That same thought has came into my mind on countless occasions - except without the Meg bit. :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.