Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22nd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's that time of the week again.  Can you believe it?  Time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

And the book this week is one I actually just finished, Classified as Murder by Miranda James.  Can't believe it's taken me two years to get back to this series.  Shouldn't have waited so long.



Here is how the book begins:

When I was a boy growing up in Athena, Mississippi, forty-odd years ago, the public library occupied a large one-story house built in 1842.

I must admit page 56 is a bit of a challenge to pick a sentence from.  We are meeting the cast of suspects, and it's nothing too exciting.  However, there's this little gem over on page 57.

I gazed on in horrid fascination until I heard a strangled gasp from Mr. Delacorte.

Have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

  1. It's not all that often I see a male lead for a cozy. I may have to backtrack and start this series at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male leads are very rare. I wish there were more. Just as rare, "Miranda" James is a pen name for Dean James, a male cozy author.

      Delete
  2. I have the newest in my TBR. I'd love for you to check out mine at http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsBTD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to have the newest read by this time next year, but we shall see.

      Delete
  3. I sometimes also lose track of a series I was reading until I stumble back onto it! It's always fun to rediscover favourites. And you're teaser from p57 definitely grasps the reader's attention, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
    My Friday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I hadn't waited so long to get back to this one.

      Delete
  4. Who could resist a cozy that opens in a library? This sounds like a story I'd enjoy.
    My Friday post features THE LIGHT OF HIDDEN FLOWERS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main character is a librarian, so there are plenty of scenes in libraries, although they are in a private library. Still, I'd love to spend some time there in real life.

      Delete
  5. Looks like another good series I haven't heard of as I am so new to cozies! :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very popular cozy series, and there's a very good reason for it.

      Delete
  6. Suspenseful 56, but I like the sounds of the old library. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this series but hate how expensive the new ones are on kindle - I still need to read the one that came out in 2015 - I do like the spinoff series too - have you tried that? Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series has made the transition from paperback original to hardcover, hence the price increase on everything. It hurts the pocketbook, but it doesn't seen to have hurt the series too much.

      Delete
  8. A cozy with a southern setting. I'm sold!

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2016/01/22/the-friday-56-93-the-wolf-gift/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.