Friday, March 19, 2021

Candy Review: Key Lime Pie M&M's

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Flavor combo really works well
Cons: A little sweet white chocolate after taste
The Bottom Line:
A delicious change
Captures key lime flavor well
Catch them while you can




Surprisingly Tangy M&Ms

When I was walking down the seasonal candy aisle in Wal-Mart recently (I know, I know, I shouldn’t even do that if I don’t want to buy sweets), I spotted the new to me Key Lime Pie M&M’s.  Intrigued, I decided I had to give them a try.  I figured they’d either be very good or very disappointing.  Turns out they are pretty tasty.

These are some of the white chocolate M&M’s, which is why they work.  Sometimes, that can mean the candy is overly sweet, but here it provides a nice canvas for the tangy citrusy taste of key lime pie.  Really, that is what you can taste the most when you eat some of these.  Occasionally, I’ll get notes of pie crust or whipped cream, but mostly it’s delicious key lime flavor.

There is a hint of sweet white chocolate taste at the end.  However, it still doesn’t overpower the key lime flavor.

The M&M’s come in three colors, cream, lime green, and a darker green.  As usual, they are all mixed together in the bag.  They look nice – not nice enough to keep me from eating them, of course.

I suspect these M&M’s will only be available during the spring and Easter season.  If you are interested, I suggest you snag a bag now and try them for yourself.  Me?  I need to resist buying more Key Lime Pie M&M’s.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I wouldn't have thought to look for these or try them, but now I am oddly intrigued. I'll have to see if my local store has them; I always have to get a bag of pastel Easter M&Ms for my daughter's birthday cake in May!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.