Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Ornament Review: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Third Harry Potter cover in book form
Cons: Very slight tilt
The Bottom Line:
Third Harry Potter
Cover is slightly 3D
Delightful for fans




Don’t Keep This Ornament a Prisoner – Display it on Your Tree

We’ve reached the third in Hallmark’s unofficial series of Harry Potter book cover ornaments.  That means the ornament is of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and it’s another winner.

The ornament is inspired by the original American cover for this third book in the series.  (I believe the British cover was similar if not the same, but I don’t know for sure.)  If you are familiar with the books, you know what to expect.  Harry and Hermione are riding on the back of Buckbeat, the hippogriff.  If you turn the ornament around, you’ll see that the back cover is there, and it includes a rat scurrying away and a dementor.

What makes these ornaments fun is that the front cover is semi-3D.  In this case, Harry, Hermione, and Buckbeat are rising out of the cover.  And Buckbeat’s wing and tail, which are too big to fit on the cover of the novel, are sticking out to the right of the ornament.

The book lover in me is thrilled with these ornaments.  I don’t have a ton of ornaments representing books themselves, but I do enjoy the ones I have.  The fact that these are of the cover in 3D makes them even more fun for me.

The ornament is thick enough that you could set it out on it’s own.  And, while it is stable, I would not want it to be set out anywhere where it could be knocked around.  It could still tip over fairly easily.

Which is why I will be hanging mine on my trees.  When you go to hang it, you’ll find that it tips slightly to one side and back.  Okay, so you really have to be looking for it to see the tipping.  By the time you hang it among tree branches and lights and other ornaments, you’ll never notice.

I mentioned earlier that this is an unofficial series.  Hallmark has released three Harry Potter book cover ornaments in three years.  However, they aren’t an official series with series markers on them.  I’d be shocked if we don’t get the next four books over the next four years, however, since these seem to be popular with Harry Potter fans.

I know I certainly am enjoying these ornaments.  Any Harry Potter fan will be happy to have Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in ornament form on their tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.