Friday, March 26, 2021

Ornament Review: Trying out the New Trike - Making Memories #13 - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures a classic Christmas memory
Cons: Something missing from trike…. (but it’s minor)
The Bottom Line:
Riding a new trike
A memorable present
Charming ornament




Snowbody is Getting a Trike This Year

A traditional Christmas gift for a kid, at least in my family, is a bicycle.  Hallmark captured that moment for 2020’s Making Memories entry – Trying out the New Trike.

Yes, yes, it’s a trike not a bike.  But the idea behind it is still the same.  The Snowparent and Snowchild that star in this series are outside enjoying the present.  The child is sitting on the trike and the adult is right there helping.  The parent is standing on one foot, and I see that the child’s legs are sticking out.  I guess it makes sense since this trike doesn’t have any peddles.

Actually, despite having this ornament on my tree this last December, I just spotted this when I went to write my review.  I get it, you can’t stick everyone on an ornament because there isn’t room.  I suspect we get a trike instead of a bike because it sat on the ornament better.  Anyway, I’m laughing at myself for not nothing the missing peddles sooner.

Anyway, back to the ornament.  The trike has a nice, red bow on the front.  I’m betting that the child got a helmet for Christmas as well since he is wearing a blue helmet instead of his usual cap.  The helmet has snowflakes on the sides, of course.

As usual, the base of this ornament is a snowflake, so you can set it out to enjoy.  The ornament does tip a little when you go to hang it since the hook is on the front of the adult’s hat.  Because of how the figures are placed, there is no good spot to put it so they balance perfectly.  I’m sure once you get a few tree branches around it, you won’t notice.  I didn’t this last December.

The 13 in a Christmas tree series marker is on the bottom of the ornament.

Like so many others in this series, this ornament makes me smile because it captures memories of Christmas long past.  And I know I’m not the only once since I’ve seen other kids out enjoying their new bikes right after Christmas if not on Christmas day.

This series continues to have broad appeal with the memories they choose to highlight.  It’s why Trying out the New Trike will be an honored part of my collection for years to come.

Make more memories by hanging the rest of the Making Memories ornaments on your tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.