Friday, July 15, 2022

July 15th's Friday Post

Welcome to Friday!  Time for another Friday post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, I'll be pulling quotes for the first three from The Pajama Frame by Diane Vallere.

This is the fifth in her Madison Night series, which features an interior designed with a love of Doris Day movies and mid-century modern decor.  

The book jumps right in to the story with this opening line:

"Alice Sweet left me a pajama factory?" I asked in disbelief.

I've got to give Madison credit.  She accepts this much more quickly than I would.

Page 56 is the ending of a chapter, and it gives us this great quote:

"Hello," I said to the woman.  "I'm Madison Night, owner of Mad for Mod."  I held out my hand.
"I know exactly who you are," she said.  She raised her finger and jabbed at the air in front of me.  "I don't want to hear about you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.  Stay away from my investigation or you'll be sorry."  She whirled around and stormed out of the door.

I finished the book earlier in the week and plan to review it next Wednesday.  I hope you'll come back for the review when it goes live, but here's a spoiler - I enjoyed it!

Let's close things off with this week's Book Blogger Hop:

Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, do you prefer listening instead of reading?

I do listen to some audiobooks.  In fact, my latest audiobook review will go up next Friday.  I don't know that I have a preference.  Starting to listen has helped me get to some books I would never have found the time to read.  But I only listen to one or so each month since there are other things I am trying to listen to, including music.  I still read much more than I listen.  I enjoy them most when I am making a long drive.  Even when I am not doing any long drives, I try to at least have a few hours in the car when I can listen to an audio book before I get one from the library.

17 comments:

  1. I agree. I love audiobooks and I was thrilled when Netgalley started offering them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer reading , it takes too long to set up for audiobooks.

    My first line comes from Heirlooms by Sandra Byrd:
    March 1958
    Helen Devries carefully removed her nurse’s cap, fluffing her platinum , back combed bouffant, crackling the Aqua Net laquering it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not even know where I would start if I inherited anything major, let alone an entire factory... I'm glad you enjoyed this one! And just like you, listening to audiobooks has let me actually "read" books I otherwise might not have found the time or energy for. I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I’m just starting Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham, so I’ll share a line from there.
    “For the entire afternoon, I waited for a summons to meet with Mrs. Vanderbilt, but the fateful moment never came.”
    I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a 56!!! Pulled me right in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great book. I'm not an audiobook person myself, but it's interesting to see why people like them 🙂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/15/book-blogger-hop-do-you-listen-to-audiobooks-if-so-do-you-prefer-listening-instead-of-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great excerpt! Definitely a must read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that opening line. This series is on my wishlist. It sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a fun book! More to add to the never-ending TBR pile.

    I am not an audiobook fan, alas. I'd probably get more books read/listened to if I were.

    Stop by and see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pajama factory sounds fun, but I think I'd just like to visit, not be left with one. I listen to audiobooks, but they're mostly non-fiction. For fiction I prefer to read paper books. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every now and then I will listen to an audiobook. Sometimes I find the audio book to be better then reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great opening! I really need to read this series. I loved this author's Sylvia Stryker series. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to listen to audio books, but now any video is difficult to watch with little kiddos.

    My first line is from A Need to Protect by Susanne Dietze: https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/07/15/a-need-to-protect/

    Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a friend of mine loves her audiobooks on road trips.
    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/07/friday-book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think my first question would be "What on earth am I going to do with a pajama factory?". I listen to a lot of audio books and like you mentioned I find it a good way to get books in that I might not otherwise get to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.