Sunday, July 24, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad - Cuckoo for Disney Pins - 2021 Release

Stars: 2 out of 5
Pros: Does look like a cartoony train ride
Cons: Nothing that screams the attraction to me; released in wrong park
The Bottom Line:
Celebrate Railway
Pin for ride we do not have
Why part of series?


I’m Still Trying to Figure Out This Pin

When it comes to Disney’s limited edition pin series, I can usually understand why they include the pins they do, even if I would have done things differently.  It’s why I’m still scratching my head over the Cuckoo for Disney Pins entry for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

The pin itself features a train coming out of a tunnel.  You can see some musical notes floating up around it.  There’s a bird up at the very top.  There’s only one dangle element.  It’s a sun with a huge grin on its face that is designed to swing back and forth.  The face of the clock is on the front of the train, and three Rs are in the middle of the clock.

Even without my confusion, this would be a disappointing pin.  Unlike others in the series, it looks simple.  There are no elements that seem to tie into the ride.  It could be any railroad, really.  We already had an entry for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which incorporated some fun elements related specifically to that ride.  Maybe if I’d ridden the ride, I’d better see the elements that tie in.

And that’s what has me scratching my head the most over this pin.  This series was released in Disneyland.  While we are going to get a version of Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, it’s still at least a year out.  So, why release a pin in Disneyland that ties into a ride that is only open in Walt Disney World?  If these had been released in Florida, I’d get it, but since this was released in California, I’m wondering why.  All I can think of is there was a delay in building the attraction here that I am not aware of.

For those reasons, this is my least favorite in what is otherwise a fun series.  If you are a fan of the ride in Florida or a completist, you’ll want to track it down.  Otherwise, you can skip it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not super impressed with this one either. It's lacking the detail I normally associate with Disney pins. We were last at Disney World right before this ride opened and I was so sad to miss it. It looks like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.