Monday, July 4, 2022

Candy Bar Review: Snickers - Cinnamon Bun

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Mostly tastes like a traditional Snickers bar, which I like
Cons: What’s the point of getting it if it doesn’t have the Cinnamon Bun flavor?
The Bottom Line:
New Snickers flavor
Doesn’t taste that different
I’ll stick with the old


Intriguing Idea, but Execution Doesn’t Work

Despite my vow not to buy any sweets (yes, we can all stop laughing at me now), I was still intrigued when I spotted a new to me Cinnamon Bun Snickers when checking out at Wal-Mart recently.  I suspected how I would react to it, but I had to give it a try.  Turns out, I was right.

If you are familiar with a traditional Snickers, then you’ll know what to expect here.  We still have the familiar layers of caramel and peanuts surrounded by milk chocolate.  The difference here is that the nougat layer is flavored like a cinnamon bun.

And, as a said at the start, the result is pretty much what you’d expect.  The chocolate, caramel, and peanuts pretty much overpower the cinnamon bun flavoring.  Oh, there is a hint of it in there, and it’s more noticeable in the aftertaste, but overall, it pretty much tastes like a traditional Snickers.  Not that that is a bad thing, since I do like Snickers.  It’s just not what they are advertising.

If you are curious, give the Cinnamon Bun Snickers a try.  But I have a feeling this is a flavor that won’t stick around long since there’s really no reason to get it instead of a traditional Snickers.

6 comments:

  1. We have a volunteer at school who is particularly attracted to odd flavors of Pringles, Oreos, and Peeps. He rushed out to get the Thanksgiving Candy Corn when I discovered it, as well. It's fun to read your reviews of these candies, because I will probably not try them myself, so you are doing a public service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually like new flavors of candy as my brain will tell me it's wrong! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snickers bars are nature's most nearly perfect food. Why would you want to tweak perfection?

    Note: I have been calling Snickers "nature's...food" for years, and I quite like to eat them. I have a supply of fun-size Snickers in my pantry right now though they will need replenishing soon. Fun size are my favorite because they have a slightly higher ratio of chocolate to filling. Halloween is my favorite season because I don't need to pretend that my fun-size Snickers bars aren't for me.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband isn't a candy bar person . . . except for Snickers! I'll tell him to pass on this flavor change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the traditional is so often traditional for a reason!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.