Sunday, July 31, 2022

July 31st's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to my Sunday/Monday post.  I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading

It's been a few weeks since I've done this.  That's because two weeks ago Saturday, I left for an Alaskan Cruise, and one week ago, I was just getting back.  I had a good time.  I'd been on an Alaskan cruise before six years ago (that same week, in fact), but it was nice to be back and get to do other things.  I went rafting near the Mendenhall Glacier and I went zip lining and on the railway out of Skagway.  Glacier Bay was clouded over but still very impressive.  I also got to spend some time playing tourist in Seattle, which I hadn't done for years.  Pikes Market and Space Needle were what my friend and I hit.

The downside is, I came back with an extra souvenir - Covid.  I started to feel sick last Sunday, my first full day at home.  I tested negative Monday, but tested again Wednesday and tested positive.  I've been lucky.  It's mostly been a cold with a mild fever.  Having to keep well hydrated, but it could have been so much worse.

Since I'm still working from home, I was able to keep working as well, which has been good.  After all, we are at month end again.

This Past Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad - Cuckoo for Disney Pins
Monday - Movie Review: Signed, Sealed, Delivered for Christmas
Tuesday - Book Review: Murder Through the English Post by Jessica Ellicott
Wednesday - Ornament Review: Twelve Drummers Drumming
Thursday - Book Review: Mint Chocolate Murder by Meri Allen
Friday - Book Review: An Almost Purrfect Murder by Jacqueline Vick
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Walt Disney World Railroad Office - Windows of Main Street
Monday - July 2022 Reading Summary
Tuesday - Book Review: The Fragrance of Death by Leslie Karst
Wednesday - Ornament Review: Happy Halloween #10
Thursday - Book Review: Murder of a Mail-Order Bride by Mimi Granger
Friday - Book Review: Murder on the Iditarod Trail by Sue Henry
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

Hang on, I've got quite the haul to talk about.  Well, maybe, it isn't as bad as it could be since it's been a few weeks.  Right before I went on vacation, I snagged a Kindle deal on the Music City Murders boxed set of books 1-6 in this series by Steven Womack.  Not sure if they will be my thing, but for the price (free), I couldn't pass them up.  Then, I got my eARC of Murder of a Mail-Order Bride by Mimi Granger, which I've now read since I'm reviewing it this coming Thursday.  It was a lot of fun.

While on my cruise, I was reading the first of Sue Henry's Alaskan Mysteries.  I stopped at a book store while I was there, and they had a copy of the second book, Termination Dust, so I bought it.  I figure that's a great souvenir to have, right?

Since I've been back, I have snagged a couple of good deals on Kindle copies of books I've been eyeing, Murder at the Lakeside Library by Holly Danvers and A Curious Beginning by Deanna Rayburn, so I couldn't pass them up on sale.

Five books over three weeks.  Okay, 10 if you want to count that boxed set as six books, which it is, so you should.  But I was liking it better when we counted this as five books.

What I'm Currently Reading:

Saturday, I finished off A Dish to Die For by Lucy Burdette.  This is the latest in the Key West Food Critic Mysteries.  It's always fun to revisit the characters and find out exactly what is going on with them.  That means Sunday, I'll be diving in Murder on Trinity Place by Victoria Thompson.  I'm so close to catching up on this series since this is book 22 out of 25, but I've still got enough to take me into next year at the rate I'm going.

Hope you have a great week.

23 comments:

  1. My hubby & I did an AK cruise a few years ago - he spent his college years fishing in SE Alaska to pay for school - and he wanted to visit his old haunts. It was a fun trip. We live in Seattle, so it was the first cruise we've taken where we didn't have to make an effort to get to the departure dock! Sorry you came back with that nasty souvenir. Seems like so many people are catching it this time around....even when they've been careful. I read Curious Beginning a few years ago - the woman protagonist is quite the lady! Independent and clever. The best kind!
    here's me: https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-9

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son's original Make a Wish wish was an Alaskan cruise but with Covid they stopped doing cruises so he ended up with a room makeover but it's still on our one day list. It sounds so fun and the scenery looks unbelievable! I'm so sorry to hear you've got Covid. It seems like everyone is getting it right now so we are barring the door and refusing to leave the house. Glad you got some rest and focused on staying hydrated - so important! And glad you had a fairly mild case. I hope this week is much healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cozies look good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are sick but thankfully it hasn't been too bad! An Alaskan cruise sounds wonderful! Great book haul, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. An Alaskan cruise. That sounds amazing. Just to see the forests and the animals there would be amazing, but you also got the cool temperatures.

    Sorry about the Covid. My son and daughter-in-law came down with it after they returned from their trip down here from Chicago. They are slowly getting better. A mild case is cause for rejoicing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your symptoms are not severe. I hope you're feeling 100% soon. I went to Alaska years ago on a family summer vacation. We also visited Seattle and Vancouver. Alaska is my favorite state that I've visited. The natural beauty is breath-taking. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip sounds fantastic... Alaska is on my bucket list! Sorry to hear you got Covid though. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cruise sounds great, except for COVID! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You've had an exciting couple of weeks. How fun to read an Alaskan mystery while on an Alaskan cruise. Glad your case of COVID is mild. Hope you are feeling better soon. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An Alaskan cruise sounds wonderful, but the Covid doesn't. I hope you are doing well. I'm going on a Caribbean cruise in a couple of months. Covid is a concern, but I'm not going to let it stop me from having a good time. Your books all look good. Enjoy them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cruise sounded great but I'm sorry to hear you came home with Covid. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% very soon. I enjoyed the Raybourn book!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your Covid was light. I am glad to hear that. Your Alaskan cruise sounded wonderful.

    Your books look good, too, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A book is a better souvenir than Covid. I hope you are feeling better. I like that Deanna Raybourn series and hope you do too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Alaskan Cruise sounds like a dream! Sorry for your souvenir though, I hope you'll feel better quickly.

    I heard great things about A Curious Beginning but I have yet to read it myself. I hope you enjoy it and all your books, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great that you went on the Alaskan Cruise! I've been to Alaska once before but have wanted to go on the cruise. Alaska is so beautiful.
    So sorry to hear you are ill! Feel better soon!
    What a nice haul - perfect to pair Sue Henry's Alaskan Mysteries with the cruise. Also, your current reads look great.
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice book haul. My sister and BIL did the Alaskan cruise about 3 years ago now. They loved it. Ouch for the Covid but good that so far its been light. What we all want if we get it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, an Alaskan cruise sounds fun! Alaska is definitely one of my dream destinations. But, BOO TO COVID! I hope you recover quickly! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry you got COVID, but so glad your symptoms were mild. Your cruise sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, nice vacation and haul. Ugh, covid. Hope your get through it alright. -vvb at vvb32 reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Alaskan cruise sounds fun! Hope you recover fast!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Alaska! It's one of my favorite places to explore. Sorry about the COVID. I had it 3 weeks ago, and it sucked. Mine was mostly a really bad headache.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That sounds like a good cruise! Sorry to hear about getting sick though. Hope you're feeling better.

    I've been wanting to try Raybourn's books...

    ReplyDelete
  23. As we all venture out, Covid attacks. Sorry you got sick, but glad to hear you haven't been feeling too poorly. You will have a sense of freedom when you are past quarantine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.