Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Ornament Review: Twelve Drummers Drumming - 12 Days of Christmas #12 - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great drummer to end this fun series
Cons: I’ll miss collecting new entries in the series each year
The Bottom Line:
A great series ends
Fitting drummer ornament
Glad I collected




Drum Roll Please…This Series Has Concluded!

I remember when Hallmark was starting the 12 Days of Christmas series about the time I started seriously collecting Hallmark ornaments.  Twelve years felt like it was going to be a long time to wait to complete this series.  Yet here we are at the end with Twelve Drummers Drumming.

Honestly, with the haircut, this drummer could be a young boy or girl, although I generally think of the drummer as a male in the song.  Our drummer is dressed all in blue, which seems to back that up.  There’s a feather in his cap and a hint of a smile on his face.  His drum is out in front of him.  The sides have big numbers “12” on them, and in the red band around the side, we can see a bit of the music and line from his verse.

The series definitely changed when we went from birds to people.  However, I have enjoyed these last few ornaments in the series.  They are beautiful in their own unique way, and I appreciate that.

I’m also thrilled to have the completed series to enjoy now.  I can hardly wait to get my display set up this December so I can see all of them on it at once.  I might even sneak it up a little early so I can enjoy.

This ornament does actually stand on his own two feet.  This is a rarity for the series.  However, the feet are so small, that it isn’t super stable.  I would not want to leave it out some place that is going to be regularly bumped, and in general I’d recommend hanging this one.

Fortunately, that isn’t an issue since the ornament hangs perfectly straight.

And, yes, you’ll find the series marker on the back of the ornament.

I’ll admit to a bit of mixed reaction to this series ending this year.  I’m mostly thrilled since I will have the entire series to enjoy now and every year going forward.  However, there is a part of me that is sad because this has been a favorite series, and it is ending.  Yes, I knew it was going to end this year.  But I’ll miss looking forward to see how each entry would wind up looking.

If you’ve been collecting this series, you’ll be as happy as I am to add Twelve Drummers Drumming to your collection to complete the song and series.

Check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.