Sunday, July 31, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Walt Disney World Railroad Office - Windows of Main Street - 2021 Release


Stars
: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great pin of a window to honor Walt
Cons: The Disney World/Disneyland issues are head scratching
The Bottom Line:
Honor Walt Disney
With replica of window
Disney fans will love


Of Course, There Was a Pin for Walt’s Window

As I’ve said before, I’m reviewing the pins in the Windows of Main Street series in random order, not the order of release.  It’s why I’m just now reviewing the first entry in the series.  And who got the honor of the first spot in this series?  Walt Disney, of course.

Walt has several windows in the parks, but this particular pin is a replica of the pin at the Train Depot on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World.  At the top, we see “Walt Disney World Railroad Office.”  On the bottom it says “Keeping Dreams on Track, Walter E. Disney, Chief Engineer.”  Considering Disney’s love of trains and dreaming, I can’t think of a better tribute.

Which is why I am willing to turn a blind eye to a couple of things when it comes to this pin.  Okay, I’m got to at least mention them.  This is based on the window in Disney World, a park that Disney never got to visit, instead of Disneyland?  And it was released in California even though it is inspired by a window at the park in Florida?  But enough on these issues.

I’ve been complaining recently that the windows are too translucent and therefore hard to read.  That isn’t the case here, which is why I know that it didn’t have to be an issue.  Yes, the bottom does slide up, and who do we see when we do that?  Mickey, of course!  It makes sense since Mickey and Walt will always be connected, especially since Walt voiced Mickey originally.  Here, Mickey’s wearing a tux with a red bow tie.

And what Disney fan wouldn’t love this pin?  While the company has gone a long time without Walt directing things now, his vision and dreams have given us so much that we still enjoy to this day.  That legacy is certainly worth celebrating with this pin.

Overall, my issues are minor.  This is a good choice for a window to honor Walt, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.