Saturday, July 16, 2022

July 16th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – They really played up the emotional stories with this episode.  Not that I don’t enjoy some of those triumphs, but they seemed more heart tugging than usual.  Some good runs over the course of the night, and a few I felt sorry for when they splashed down early, as always.  I think Sean Bryant was the one I was rooting for the most, so I was glad to see he made it through.

Holey Moley – I had been rooting for the other person in the finale the entire episode, but I can’t complain about Kathy’s win.  I mean, two holes in one earlier in the episode?  Yes, with their holes that’s luck, but still, she definitely deserved it.  Can we get Kermit as a regular commentator?  His stuff was great.  The rest of the stuff with the Muppets, including the lead up to the big finale wasn’t really worth the screen time.  And I feel like the final hole could have been better.  All told, a decent season, however.

Ms. Marvel – I enjoyed the action scenes, but overall, this series just didn’t hold together for me.  For one thing, her parents seemed to switch on a dime.  I liked where they ended up, but I didn’t like how quickly they got there.  Definitely in the bottom half of the Marvel series for me.

The Challenge: USA – They scared me there for a minute.  I was worried that two of the people I know from Amazing Race would wind up going home.  I’m wondering why James got hurt, but I was happy to see them pull through and stick around.  Yes, I’m getting more into the show, although I’m looking forward to being at the point where I’m not trying to remember who everyone is.

Press Your Luck – Wow!  There was what, one Whammy all hour?  And the scores for all the contestants were so high.  I loved how the other contestants were cheering the winner on.  I get why she walked away when she did.  I would have as well.  Too much money and too much good stuff to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.