Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1st's Friday Post

Welcome to this week's Friday Post.  And it's the start of a holiday weekend here in the states, so that's an extra reason to celebrate. Let's get to it.  I'll be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

The quotes I will be pulling for the first three will be from Death by Bubble Tea by Jennifer J. Chow.


This is the first in what is looking like a fun new series.  I enjoyed it.  Let's jump in with a teaser for Book Beginnings and Friday 56:

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a book.

Isn't that a fantastic opening line?  I loved it!

From 56% of the way into the book for Friday 56, we get something a little more plot related:

A shadow loomed over us.  "Any break throughs yet?" a male voice asked.  "Because time's running short."

The book comes out on Tuesday, and I will have a review up on Thursday next week, so I hope you'll come back then to see my full thoughts on the book.

Time to move on to the Book Blogger Hop for the week.  And the question is:

What is your favorite movie adapted from a book?

I'm going to go with The Princess Bride, and I suspect I won't be the only one.  Honestly, I'm not a fan of the book, but the movie cut through all the clutter and too clever for its own good parts of the book and gives us a great story.

That's a wrap for this Friday. Hope you have a great weekend, especially if you get a long one.

12 comments:

  1. I also would've gone with The Princess Bride, but I haven't read the book yet *hides in shame* I do love that opening line twist on Pride & Prejudice! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds excellent.

    I haven't read or seen The Princess Bride...

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/01/book-blogger-hop-what-is-your-favorite-movie-adapted-from-a-book/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book up next on my reading list. Berkley has such great books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book on my list. It really does look like a good new cozy series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great opener! I'm adding this to my wishlist right now. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great opening line! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wanting more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Princess Bride is so good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    I'm just starting Where the Road Bends by Rachel Fordham. So far, I'm loving it!
    "A firm peck to his nose startled him from his rest. His eyes flew open. A rooster, red and large, hovered above him."
    Hope you have a great weekend with plenty of relaxing reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd have to go with Jurassic Park. This is one of the few instances in the entire history of everything where the movie was better than the book - and the book was really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first line comes fro Hope Beyond the Waves by Heidi Chiavaroli.
    Osterville, Massachusetts April, 1993

    I stand rigid, arms pinned to m6 sides as my mother wraps me in a loose hug in Gram’s foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I also prefer the movie of Princess Bride to the book but mostly because they end at the happy moment and didn't on to the very end of the book.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.