Sunday, July 4, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Mushu Doing Karate - All Star Trading Cards #7 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Mushu striking a fun pose
Cons: None worth mentioning
The Bottom Line:
Mushu, Karate
Make a natural pairing
Good series entry






Of course I Like this Pin.  Mushu Would Attack Me if I Didn’t

We’ve reached the first pin in the All Stars Trading Card pin series that doesn’t immediately connect with me movie wise.  I’m probably forgetting about a scene in Mulan.  I can certainly understand the connection that they made even if it wasn’t in the movie.

For this pin, we have Mushu doing Karate.  This small, red Komodo dragon is demonstrating a move with his feet out in front of him and his arms ready to strike as well.  He’s raised from the main pin.  Behind him, we can see the mountains and tents of the camp where Mulan trained for battle.  Holding on to his tail is Cri-Kee, the cricket.

Now don’t get me wrong.  I like the pin.  And Mushu doing Karate makes total sense.  I just don’t remember him actually doing any in the movie.  There was probably one scene I’m not thinking of, since it has been years since I actually watched it.  I guess that means I need to rewatch it soon.

As usual with the series, the pin itself is a rectangle, so it looks like a sports trading card.  Karate is written in a blue banner across the bottom of the card, and Mushu has signed his name up in the right-hand corner.

Whether or not this moment comes from the movie is irrelevant.  Mushu always makes a fun pin, and this is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.