Saturday, December 10, 2022

December 10th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Press Your Luck – I was so worried that he was going to whammy in that final round.  But he made it, and I’m so glad.  Only way I would have been happier is if he’d won the Kenny G prize package.

The Santa Clauses – Yep.  This is just a redo of Santa Clause 2.  And I’m not sure how much I like all this revision of the movies they gave us in this episode.  Also, it’s obvious why Bernard hasn’t been a bigger part of the franchise recently.  Still, there were some very fun moments, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they resolve things next week.

Stargirl – I was expecting the fight to be epic, and I wasn’t disappointed.  I definitely loved a few of the moments along the way, like what killed the grandmother.  Barbara joining the fight was epic!  However, they had too much coda for the show.  Yes, some of those moments were nice, but there were just too many of them.  I liked the information in the final scene, which was added once they knew they were cancelled.  From that standpoint, I definitely appreciate how they wrapped things up for us.  I’m glad I stuck with the show, but I’m not going to miss it now that it is gone.

Survivor – Both of those challenges were epic.  Yes, I know the biggest ones will come next week, but those were pretty impressive.  And it was followed by an epic blindside, too.  I wonder how Cody will feel a few months down the line (like now).  For some reason, that seemed to really hurt more than most blindsides.  Maybe because it was such trust that was broken?  It will be interesting to see how that plays out next week.

The Amazing Race – I truly was rooting for any of the teams.  Okay, maybe I was rooting for the team from Miami the most (sorry I cursed you to get third).  But truly, I was happy for Derek and Claire.  Those exit interviews were the reason I was rooting for all three teams.  Yes, teams often say positive things, especially when they win, but you could tell that they all truly meant it.  That bridge?  No thanks.  Have we talked about how much I hate heights?  I’m a bit surprised at how much they were tracking how many road blocks the members of the teams had done this season.  I’ve seen that once or twice before, but this was the first time I’d seen so many.  That last challenge was a great twist on the memory challenge.

Lego Masters – Glad no one when home.  Since those were team efforts, I’m not sure it would have been fair to send one half of the team home.  I was glad to see they provided a bit of a base for them to build on.  I was trying to picture how they could make the cars without that base to start with.  Another great, creative challenge.

So Help Me Todd – And that was my last episode of this show.  Nothing in particular wrong with it, but a few weeks away made me realize how I didn’t find all the “banter” (characters bickering with each other) at all charming or funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.