Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Ornament Review: Storytime Snuggles - Making Memories #15 - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute ornament captures reading memories
Cons: Does tip back a little
The Bottom Line:
Storytime as kid
Warm memories captured here
Great piece for your tree



Storytime Memories

As I keep mentioning, I need to cut back on my ornaments.  I keep thinking about stopping some of the series I collect from Hallmark as a result, and one of those I was considering was Making Memories.  That is until I saw that this year’s entry was Storytime Snuggles.  Being the reader I am, how could I pass that up?

Once again, this series features two Snow People, a Snow Parent and a Snow Child.  They’re both cuddled up under a blanket, wearing a knit cap and PJs.  They are sitting in a red chair.  The parent has a book on his or her lap – The Christmas Puppy.  Ironically, the puppy this family has isn’t in the ornament.  Instead, we see their cat peeking out from under the chair.

If the book in the ornament is a real one, I’m not familiar with it, although I suspect it was made up for the ornament.  Not that the title really matters.  The important thing is the memories it invokes of reading together.  I always loved bedtime reading, and one of my favorites was How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which I would request year round.  Clearly, this ornament appeals to me.

As usual, this ornament is mostly plastic.  The exceptions are the pompoms on the hats the Snow People are wearing, and the blanket, which is a small piece of fabric.

The ornaments in this series traditionally have a snowflake base, and this one is no exception.  There’s just a little of it sticking out of the chair’s bottom, but it is there.  And yes, the 15 in a Christmas tree series marker is on the bottom.

This ornament does tip back slightly when you go to hang it.  It doesn’t look bad this way, and by the time you get it in amongst the tree branches, you won’t really notice.

I’m sure it’s not surprise that this reader enjoyed story time as a kid.  If you enjoyed it as either a parent or child – or both – you’ll also enjoy Storytime Snuggles.

Capture more memories with the rest of the Making Memories series.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.