Friday, December 30, 2022

December 30th's Friday Post

It's the final Friday of 2022, and I'm celebrating with a Friday post, where I will be linking up with:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, for the first three, I'm pulling teasers from Gone for Gouda by Korina Moss.


This is the second in her Cheese Shop Mysteries.  It's set in Sonoma County, California, and I had the joy of reading part of it while I was up in Sonoma County for Christmas.  I finished it Wednesday night, and it was good.

Here's how it begins:

"Bavarian beer cheese."
I slid the ramekin of my version of German Obatzda across the sampling counter to the middle-aged couple the way a bartender might offer up a brew.

Okay, so maybe not the most exciting opening, but I feel this teaser from page 56 will make up for it:

"This morning when I was contemplating all the things that could go wrong tonight, this scenario never came to mind," I said to the others.

Just what went wrong?  I'll leave it to you to read the book and find out.  As I said, I enjoyed it.  Assuming I get some reviews written, I will be reviewing this one next Thursday.

Shall we get to the Book Blogger Hop?  This week's question is:

In 2022, how many books did you read?

I stopped at 139, according to Goodreads, although I think a few short stories are included in that number.  Not going to go back and actually count them, so we'll consider this close enough.  It would have been nice to hit a nice, round 140, but I'll take 139.

Have a great weekend and a happy new year!

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Congratulations on reading so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mystery and cheese - two of my favorite things! This sounds like a fun book to read. Adding it to my list.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could read about some cheese. I'll have to check that out. Happy New Year! Here's my BBH: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2022/12/30/book-blogger-hop-how-many-books-did-you-read-in-2022-bookbloggerhop/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun, love to the title!! Wishing you the best for 2023!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun sounding book and even better that you read it in Sonoma! I have one more review I'm hoping to get up this year too....guess that means get it done TODAY! We're in the same ballpark with our reading - I had a good reading year and read more than ever before at 147. My GR count shows higher but I think it has some DNF in it.... Here's to more great reading in 2023.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-7

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the first line for this week!
    The Rose and The Thistle by Laura Frantz. Another fantastic book!
    April 1715 France
    Struck by sunlight, the sprawling chateau was a blinding, rose-hued white.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something to be said for reading a book set in or near where you are at the moment. I haven't tried this series yet, but it does sound like a good one. Congratulations on reading so much this year! That's quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know -- any book that starts with a description of cheese has my heart right away! And set in Sonoma makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have the first book to read. It really sounds like a good series. Congrats on reading so many books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good book. Maybe you will hit 140 before the year ends? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool that you were in Sonoma County while reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like such a good cozy. And congrats on reading so many books! I ended up with 132 this year. I was hoping for a few more, but I'm not gonna complain. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't love the first book in this series but I do like the sound of the teasers you shared so maybe I should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I only read 6 books. I have been slacking big time. I normally read between 100-150 books a year. I just could not get motivated this past year. 😲

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.