Sunday, December 4, 2022

December 4th's Sunday/Monday Post

Time to start another week, and I'm going to kick it off with a Sunday/Monday post, where I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I missed last week's post due to Thanksgiving.  I was out of town enjoying time with my family.  My niece and nephew were sick at the start of my trip, which was a bummer.  We did have them join us for dinner via Facetime - from one part of the house to another.  Fortunately, they were feeling better by the end of my trip, so I got to spend a little time with them.

I drove home last Sunday.  I left early in the morning, which was a bummer, but it worked out well.  I sailed back home and got in early afternoon.  Seeing the traffic on the other side of the drive the last couple of hours made me glad I'd left as early as I did.  There were plenty of cars going my way, but at least we were moving.

This week at work, we started fiscal year end.  Somehow, we survived, although it was a very busy.  There's more fun to come this week as we will officially close the books on Monday, then comes the extra reporting, also under a time crunch.

At one point they were predicting some serious rain for us late this week and this weekend.  Okay, only probably an inch and a half, but still.  Sadly, that has mostly fizzled.  On the plus side, it meant I could go out paddle boarding this morning.  Lower 60's a sunny with hardly any wind.  In other words, a wonderful day for paddling.

I haven't gotten any more decorating done.  When I was working, I was reading or doing blog stuff.  I'm hoping to get to some of that tonight.  But it makes me glad I got as much done before I left for Thanksgiving as I did.

This Past Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Meteor Cycle Company
Monday - Ornament Review: Constance R. Goodwyn
Tuesday - Book Review: Bake Offed by Maya Corrigan
Wednesday - November 2022 Reading Summary
Thursday - Book Review: Knits, Knots, and Knives by Emmie Caldwell
Friday - Book Review: "W" is for Wasted by Sue Grafton
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Music Review: At This Table by Selah
Monday - Ornament Review: Up and Away
Tuesday - Book Review: City of Fortune by Victoria Thompson
Wednesday - TV Show Review: Magpie Murders
Thursday - Book Review: A Streetcar Named Murder by T. G. Herren
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I know it's been two weeks, but I don't have an excessively big book haul to talk about.  Between the holiday and the week at work, I didn't get a ton of book shopping in.  Not that I don't have some books to talk about.

For example, my pre-order of Death by Smoothie by Laura Levine arrived.  This is the latest in her Jaine Austen mystery series, which is always a hoot.  Can't wait to get to it.

I also got an ARC of Intrigue in Istanbul by Erica Ruth Neubauer, the fourth in her historical fiction series.  I've enjoyed the first three, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters here.

Finally, I grabbed a Kindle freebie.  I've been eying An Education in Murder by Patty Joy for a while.  I couldn't pass up free, could I?

What I'm Reading:

I'm ahead on my reading for December.  In fact, I'm so far ahead, I'm going to get into Stellalune by Shannon Messenger.  This is a middle grade fantasy novel, and the ninth in the series.  I can't wait to see what happens to the characters here.  But it's over 700 pages, so I will be working on this one all week.

That's it for me this week.  Hope you have a good one.

24 comments:

  1. I"m glad you were able to spend time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally did some decorating for Christmas. Everyone around is already lit up, seems like. Glad you were able to get some paddle boarding in. Those temps sound gerat, it's in the 20's here ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking that we aren't going to do much decorating here. We are going away and it will be too much of a temptation for a puppy. Or maybe I am just being a grinch.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were smart to leave early. We always have to time our driving to coincide with lulls (what there are) in Houston traffic.

    It's wonderful that you are far ahead in your reading. I am, too. I like the sound of that Shannon Messenger novel. I'm thinking about starting a fantasy today.

    Hope you get a little time to do some more decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family! I also haven't gotten much decorating done. I finished one room, but the trees aren't even up yet. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and got home without too many issues. Good luck with work!
    Have a great week ahead!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/12/04/sunday-salon-32/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving with family. The books on your list look really good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're having lovely weather! Even if it didn't rain.

    https://hibernatorslibrary.com/2022/12/03/update-december-3-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gift to be able to spend time with family over the holidays! I would love to be ahead for reading but am pretty far behind! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a 700 page middle school level book? Crazy! But if it is a series that kids love, like Harry Potter, then they will read them! Glad you had a nice holiday. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only other southern Californians will appreciate that there was a "storm watch," which turned into an inch and a half! I have really enjoyed the past few days with grayer skies and some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "via Facetime - from one part of the house to another"-- !!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. I am glad traffic wasn't too bad for you on the drive home. We stayed home for Thanksgiving and joined my mom at her place for a lasagna Thanksgiving meal. I have my eye out for Intrigue in Istanbul. I am looking forward to reading it. Stellalune is on my daughter's Christmas list. She really loves that series. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad our company always gets the day after Thanksgiving off giving me a 4 day weekend to focus on getting Christmas decor up. It's been my pattern for the last 20 years! Then I have a whole month to enjoy them. Sure hope you're able to finish your trees soon - share a photo, would love to see them with all your collectibles. Hope you enjoy some reading time too. Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf JOurneys

    ReplyDelete
  15. I usually try to get up early ahead of the traffic too! Or leave a day early. I hate holiday traffic so good for you that you avoided it. I had to laugh at the title Death by Smoothie. Sounds like a fun murder mystery. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m glad you got to spend a bit of time with your niece and nephew! Sounds like mysteries are in your reading future

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to miss the traffic coming home! I was looking at the mantle this morning and thinking I need to find the box with the decorations and get them up. That's my goal for today. I'm curious about the kindle freebie so I'll go check that out. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had an excellent Thanksgiving. Too bad the kids were sick for part of it. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice that you had some time away with family. Glad your relatives are feeling better. Work is crazy for us this time of year as well. Every December I hope work slows down, but it hasn't happened yet.

    Your book haul looks amazing. I would read all of those. I haven't read a large book like the one you are since Harry Potter. I really want to start the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, but the mere size of those books is intimidating.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your family Thanksgiving sounds great. I saw a funny cartoon or something about travelling the other way to all the stalled traffic. Had the same experience myself. Does sorta feel good! Happy reading this week the middle grade book sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Family get together are good and take precedence over blogging. :-)
    I admit that I tend to steer away from 700 page books although I do listen to the occasional 20+hour audios.
    I hope you enjoy all of your new books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you were able to get your decorating done. I *still* haven't done it. Sigh! Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's good when you can decompress and spend time with family. I was glad to do that over Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.