Friday, December 23, 2022

December 23rd's Friday Post

Hello and welcome to this week's Friday post.  As usual, I'll be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, for the first three, I'll be pulling teasers from Rum and Choke, the fourth Chloe Jackson, Sea Glass Saloon Mystery from Sherry Harris.

These books are always a lot of fun, as you can tell from this opening:

Have you ever walked into work to find your boss and coworker staring at you with over eager expressions?  Me either - until today and I immediately realized something was up.

I'll admit, I had a little smile on my face as I read this.  Yet it made me want to read on to discover exactly what was up.

Of course, there is a mystery, too.  This is me, after all.  And page 57 (yes, I'm cheating a bit for the Friday 56) gives that part a jolt.  Chloe is out on a boat with her friend Ann for safety as Ann goes diving for a hidden treasure.  However....

A splash made me put down the binoculars as Ann's head emerged.
"Did you find anything?"
"Yes," she said.  "Give me a hand."
I was expecting a treasure chest, but she had her arm around the neck of a body.

I enjoyed this book, which isn't a surprise since I love Sherry Harris's books.  It comes out Tuesday, and my review will be up then.

Let's wrap things up with the Book Blogger Hop for the week.  This week's question is:

Did Santa bring you any books?

I'm expecting books for Christmas since that was the majority of my wish list.  However, since I'm posting this on Friday and Christmas isn't until Sunday, I don't know which books I got yet.

Merry early Christmas to all who will be celebrating this weekend.  No matter what you are doing, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

11 comments:

  1. My first line comes from the WWI book by Kate Breslin: In Love’s Time
    Whitehall, London 1918
    Would the human destruction never end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful day with family and/or friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super fun cozy!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a happy holiday Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry Harris' books are on my TBR. They look really good. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opener! Sounds like a fun cozy mystery. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rum and Choke sounds like one I need to read!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun mystery! I hope you get a nice selection of books. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my (many) goals for 2023 is to get to Sherry Harris' books. I have several on my TBR and this looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading Gift of the Heart by Karen Witemeyer. The first line is: "October 1890, Hope Springs Texas ~ Ruth Fulbright held her sleeping seven-year-old daughter snugly on her lap in the middle of the stagecoach seat while the passengers who considered themselves her betters exited the conveyance." Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.