Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Ornament Review: Seasons Treatings #14 - Eggnog and Fruitcake - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Lovely treats to look at …
Cons: … Even if you don’t like the taste in real life
The Bottom Line:
Treats look delicious
Even to those who don’t like
Looks great on your tree



Makes Even Treats I Don’t Like Look Delicious

While there are many Christmas treats that most people like, there are some that you either love or hate.  Two of those form the basis for this year’s entry in the Season’s Treatings series from Hallmark.

This year, we have a fruit cake and a carton of eggnog.  They are both sitting on an oval platter with a red base and blue ring around the sides.  The fruit cake is taking up about half of it.  It’s nice and round and you can see bits of fruit in it as well as what look like nuts on the top.  Meanwhile, there’s a carton of eggnog on the other half, and two mugs filled with it.  There’s cinnamon floating on the top and a stick of cinnamon sticking out of each mug.  The mugs are fun – one of them is a reindeer and the other is Santa.  The carton is blue with a snowman on it.  Even though it isn’t in traditional holiday colors, it still looks very festive.  In front of the mugs, we can see 2022 written on the platter.

As I said in the opening, I’m not a fan of either.  Part of it is that they can often include alcohol, and I’ve never developed a taste for it, even when it is cooked or baked into something.  But even the times I’ve tried either when they had no alcohol in them at all, I really didn’t care for the taste.  But I know others who love them.

But I still can’t help but love this ornament.  Like always, the treats look absolutely delicious.  The colors are good, and everything just flows together well.  I might not be tempted to actually eat these items, unlike some entries in the series, but I can see how others who like these treats would be tempted to eat them.

Since this is a platter, you can easily set it out as part of a display if you want.  The 14 in a Christmas tree series marker is on the bottom.

I would advise against hanging this ornament too high on your tree.  If you do, all you’ll really see is the white bottom of the serving tray.  However, when you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that it hangs straight, unlike many in the series that purposely hang at a fun angle.

Whether you like fruit cake and eggnog or not, this entry in the Season’s Treatings series will still tempt you to hang it on your tree.

Take a bite out of the rest of the Season’s Treatings ornaments.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.