Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post. I'll be linking up to:
Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
Last week, I was worried about how work would go this week. It went fine. Don't get me wrong, I was still extremely busy. It is quarter end for this accountant, after all. But there was no added drama. And I am where I wanted/needed to be at the end of the week. Still got a lot of work ahead of me this coming week. Honestly, I really don't have the time for a short week right now. Not that I'm planning to work on Monday.
I went paddle boarding Saturday morning. Had a bit of wind, but nothing too bad, which was nice. I went with the friend who first got me into paddle boarding several years ago. We hadn't been able to connect and go out and do it since I got my passes at the beginning of the summer. That's how crazy our summers have been. We went out with another friend from church. Nice to be able to spend time with both of them. But the lake was crazy busy. We weren't sure we'd get parking spaces when we got there, but we managed to snag spots without too much drama.
Other than that, I don't really have any plans for the long weekend. I'm behind on writing reviews, so I've got to make that a priority. And I'll be reading. I'm doing the PowerPoint in church Sunday morning. Really exciting stuff all the way around.
Pun-Official Holiday of the Week:
This Past Week on the Blog:
This Coming Week on the Blog:
Book Haul:
I just have one book to talk about this week. Can you believe it?
That book is an ARC of The First Ladies' Guide to Murder by Amanda Flower. It's been a while since I read an Amanda Flower book, and this one sounds fun. It's the start of a new series and is set in Washington DC in 1894. And yes, two wives of Presidents, current and past, are involved. Hopefully, it will be as fun as it sounds.
What I'm Currently Reading:
As I'm typing this, I'm about a third of the way into Holmes Away from Home by Samantha Larsen. This one is set in 1911 and involves Irene Adler's daughter. I'm not as up on my Sherlock Holmes lore as I should be, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm hoping to finish it up on Sunday, but that would mean getting some devoted reading time in before today (Saturday) is over.
Next up for me will be Old Habits Die Hard by Melissa Westemeier. I know, I know, I just got this one. I hadn't planned to read it right away, but I spotted one of my Goodreads groups is reading it this month, so I decided to work it into my schedule.
Have a great week! (And a great long weekend if you are here in the States.)

I hope you find something fun to do over the long weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your week, happy reading!
Paddle boarding looks like so much fun. Glad work went smoothly!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great week!
ReplyDelete