Monday, January 11, 2021

Cookie Review: Chocolate Marshmallow Oreos

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Good chocolate taste
Cons: Very hard to taste the marshmallow flavoring
The Bottom Line:
A mixed Oreo
Delicious chocolate taste
Missing marshmallow


Hint of Marshmallow Isn’t Enough to Make Me Love These Oreos

I am a sucker for anything marshmallow.  (Ironically enough, I don’t buy regular marshmallows very often.  Probably because the entire bag would be gone in one sitting.)  So when I spotted the Chocolate Marshmallow variety of Oreos, I had to give them a try.

Like a traditional Oreo, these have two chocolate cookies.  This time, the filling is a dark brown color and it is supposed to be flavored like a chocolate covered marshmallow.

The problem is the marshmallow flavor is mostly swallowed by the chocolate.  Now, this isn’t to say that the flavor is bad; I do like chocolate after all.  But I was looking for more marshmallow flavoring.  You can taste it a bit more if you eat the crème in the middle by itself.  However, the cookies overwhelm it if you just pop the whole thing in your mouth.

As I said, the taste isn’t bad, but it wasn’t what I was looking for.  Which is probably a good thing since I don’t need more junk food to tempt me in the store.  I wouldn’t turn down Chocolate Marshmallow Oreos if someone offered them to me, but I won’t be buying them again for myself.

2 comments:

  1. I always have to try the different Oreo flavors when they come out. I'm almost always disappointed. My favorite is the peanut butter and the double stuffed regular Oreos. I haven't tried this one yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity Oreo's corporate masters don't keep something year-round similar to the Trader Joe's and Wegman's peppermint sandwich cookies.

    Safeway is also liquidating their "S'mores" graham-cracker and chocolate cookie line...it's also not too shabby, but hardly a sense of marshmallow at all. Not a problem for me. But perhaps it's why they're going away...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.