Saturday, February 3, 2024

February 3rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – I feel like they left some things out.  I think that’s my biggest thing with the entire series, it’s good but not great.  They had more time than the movie, but still needed to up the pacing.  Mind you, I enjoyed it, and if they do a second season, I’ll definitely be back for it.  But, with how long post production takes, they’d better start on a new season like now.

Night Court – At this point, I think my biggest issue with the show is the laugh track.  It just sounds so fake.  I’m actually getting into the characters and the jokes are more funny than not.  I love a good sitcom, so it’s a bit surprising to me that the laugh track is the biggest issue.  Usually, I love them.

Extended Family – This may be the best episode I’ve seen so far (which isn’t saying much).  Some of the jokes worked for me.  I liked the fact that Trey was the issue here, not Jim, for a change.  And I do like the fact that they really do work on the relationship between the two characters.  Still, it really could be better.

Quantum Leap – The leap itself was only so so.  But the other things happening?  Very much caught up in that drama.  And I loved that Ben was wanting to warning Hannah about her husband at the end.  Not sure what Addison’s engagement means.  Still not sure where they are going with that storyline.

Wild Cards – The mystery was out there, at least in the middle.  Very, very weird, even for a mystery.  I loved the final confrontation, that was so fun.  And there were so many great lines.  I hope that continues going forward.

The Challenge – I was hopeful there a couple of times that the people on the bottom would actually get a break for at least one week.  Oh well, the big alliance will have to start eating their own next week.  And you thought things were crazy before.  At least Ed went home.  And yes, I have to say they proved me wrong this week since all three of the people who went home were men.  I was glad to see it, frankly.

Press Your Luck – The Whammys were fairly silent in the first half.  Yes, they made some strategic appearances, and what a wild ride it was.  But that guy could not catch a break in the bonus round.  And always at the end of a round, too, so of course he’s going to go on.  Why wouldn’t you?

1 comment:

  1. I’m a big Press Your Luck fan - both the current and the original!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.