Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 24th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Tracker – Somehow, I feel like the pilot actually had more twists than this episode did.  I guess there are only so many ways you can go with a cult.  Still, it was fun overall, and I’m certainly curious where they are going with his backstory.

Night Court – Fun to see Ryan Hansen in something again.  Been a while.  Again, I found this amusing, but it was missing the humor I was really hoping for.  Just let things breath for a bit.  I felt like it was on high speed to get everything in during the time allotted.

Extended Family – Rather bland episode.  You knew exactly where the A story was going to wind up.  The B story was kind of cute, but overall, a very forgettable episode.

Quantum Leap – What a ride!  I really was on the edge of my seat for both of the episodes.  I figured out some of the twists a few minutes early, but it was still great to see them play out.  And see how they really did build this season.  It is clear that everything was carefully planned out in advance.  While I was worried for Hannah, I wasn’t worried for Jenn.  I knew what Ben was going to do in the second episode long before he started to do it.  I think the ending is about all I wasn’t expecting, although I should have been.  I hope we get a season 3 so we can see where things go from here.

Wild Cards – I’ve mostly missed the Vampire crazes, but I can still guess what show they were sort of using as their inspiration there.  It was rather fun since Vampire Diaries was a CW show for so long.  But the solution?  It was I Know What You Did Last Summer.  I thought that was so cool.

The Challenge – Nurys came so close.  I would have really liked to see her win after everything they put her through.  Still, that was a pretty solid second place finish.  Corey shouldn’t have helped her at the second check point, obviously.  Not sure if I will bother to watch the reunion next week.  That’s how little I care, especially since I’m sure the previews didn’t exaggerate how much yelling there will be at each other.  We’ll see if I watch another season on MTV or just stick with it if it comes back to CBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.