Saturday, February 10, 2024

February 10th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Night Court – This show really is its best when it is being absurd.  And this was absurd.  Several great storylines with laughs from all of them.  Even when you saw something coming.  Okay, so maybe I was blinded by seeing Kunal Nayyar pop up.  Loved that bit where Abby thought they knew each other at the beginning.

Extended Family – Finally, Jim wasn’t the real focus of the show.  Yes, he played a big part, but he wasn’t causing everything to happen.  It is still trying too hard for the laughs, but the ending to both stories was sweet.

Quantum Leap – We’d gone almost all season without a lecture.  I figured it was too much to hope for that we’d completely miss the lecture.  While it did slow down the plot, at least it was a very good episode outside of that.  What a roller coaster, and I mean that in a great way.  And I’m glad Ben found a way to get Hannah a warning.  I hope it works out for her.

Wild Cards – This was fun from start to finish.  Granted, I liked the surfing theme.  You can tell it is low budget by how they frame some of the stuff or the fact that they never got in the water, but I still liked it.  And we got to see a little more of the team.  Slowly getting to know the characters, and I’m enjoying that, too.

The Challenge – Michelle leaving so close to the end was so poetic.  The only thing better would have been to see Jay go home.  As much as I am annoyed by all the idols, etc. in Survivor, at least it keeps the game from being this predictable.  Yikes!  It got so boring in the middle there.  Glad next week is the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.