Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Reading Thing 2013

For years, I have participated in the biannual reading challenges hosting by Callapidder Days.  Unfortuantely, life has been too busy for her recently, so she is not hosting this spring.  Fortunately, Sandra over at The Musings of a Book Addict is stepping in to host this spring.

The rules remain the same, and they are simple.  Pick the books you want to read, list them, and then read them.  No reviews required (although I will be posting reviews as I finish).  Run out of books?  Add more.  Don't finish them all?  No worries.  They aren't working for you?  Switch them out.  Non-fiction, fiction, long, short, whatever you want works.

The only real requirements are to create an intro list now and then do a recap at the end.  And it runs from the first day of spring to the first day of summer.  Shocking I know.

As I say, I have been doing these challenges for years.  I always start with a list of the books from the last challenge I didn't complete and didn't read over the break.  I have none of those to start with.  So here is my fresh list for Spring Reading Things 2013.

Book in Progress:

The Family Way by Rhys Bowen (I've got about 100 pages to go)

Books being released in the next three months:

Mr. Monk Helps Himself by Hy Conrad (6/4)
The Texas Twist by John Vorhaus (June 11)
Father Knows Death by Jeffrey Allen (6/4)
Baker Street Translation by Michael Robertson (4/2)
Homicide Hustle by Ella Barrick (4/2)
12th of Never by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro (4/29)
Free Fall by Chris Grabenstein (5/1)
Riley Mack Stirs Up More Trouble by Chris Grabenstein (4/9)
Brush with Death by Karen MacInerney (5/8)
Once Upon the End by James Riley (5/7)
Last Musketeer 3 by Stuart Gibbs (3/26)
Spy Camp by Stuart Gibbs (4/2)
Revenge of Route 66 by Kris Neri (3/15)
  
Other Books:
Princess Elizabeth’s Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal
Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Joni and Ken: An Untold Love Story by Ken & Joni Eareckson Tada with Larry Libby
Death Dines In Edited by Claudia Bishop and Dean James
Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau

It's hard to figure out for sure what I will or won't get to.  With so many books coming out, I might not necessarily get all of them before the end of the spring, so I padded it with the other books I already have.  It's a long list, and I won't make it through all of them.  So we'll see what I get to.

For those like me who are old hats at this, you might remember me from Random Ramblings from Sunny Southern CA.  I do still blog over there, and it's still mainly an on-line diary.

I started this blog in January to get all my reviews in one place.  As a result, I am trying to get 12 years of reviews here as quickly as possible.  I'll be posting reviews of books, music, movies, TV on DVD and (eventually) Hallmark ornaments.  And I'll be posting them at a frantic pace.  So keep coming back and watching reviews grow.

And I will be posting reviews of these books as I finish them.  All new reviews get posted at the end of the day.  I also post summaries once a month.  And of course at the end of the spring, I will have a wrap up posts with links to all my reviews.

12 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your reviews. I'm going to have to look your books up on Goodreads or Amazon as I'm not familiar with any of them. But, that's the fun part about this challenge. Have fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing I love about this challenge. Since it is open to everyone, you can find lots of books on different subjects that might interest. Of course, most of the ones I've joined right now are all category specific, so this is a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your challenge! I confess, I am not familiar with many of the titles but they definitely sound intriguing! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lots of mysteries and a few Middle Grade books. Not much variety for me, but then again, I tend to stick to those anyway.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great list, some really interesting sounding titles. I'm definitely going to look for the Joni and Ken story! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The book about the Tadas comes out beginning of April. I've had an arc from Amazon Vine for a couple of months now. Got to get it read!

      Delete
  5. Seems like a great list of books. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm looking forward to them since there are many fun series in that list.

      Delete
  6. I DIDN"T KNOW THERE WAS A BOOK ABOUT THE TADAS!!!!!!

    Woooah, Amazon, here I come!

    I've always been kinda curious about the Monk books. We loved the tv series but I haven't known whether or not its really worth it to dive into the books. Assuming the Mr. Monk on your list is the one and the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Monk books are a blast. I reviewed them all back in January. The TV show came first, but two of the novels were turned into episodes of the TV show.

      The person who has written all the novels to date has turned the series over to a new author. He was a writer/producer on the show, so I have high hopes I will continue to enjoy them, but I am a bit worried they just won't be the same.

      Delete
  7. I too am kind of intrigued with the Monk books... hmm... :) Great list! Happy reading!!
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like the series, read the books. You'll thank me later. ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.