I often joke about how I don't have a to be read pile or even mountain. I have a complete to be read mountain range. With that in mind, I'm signing up for the 2014 Mount TBR Challenge hosted by My Reader's Block. And, in a similar note, I'm also signing up for the 2014 Rewind Challenge hosted by Coffee Bean Bookshelf.
The rules? Read any book you've bought before the start of 2014 but haven't actually read yet. Sounds easy enough. And it runs from January 1 to December 31 of this year, so that makes it easy as well.
Even with all the books on my list, I'm going with Pike's Peak, which is just 12 books - one a month. I know me too well. I'll get distracted by new books and struggle to finish this one. It's why my too be read list is so high. The Rewind Challenge doesn't have levels, but we can set our own goals. 12 sounds like a good level for both challenges.
I'll be listing and linking the reviews to the books here as I finish them. But for now I'm posting the title of the one I'll be starting 2013 with.
June 30th Update: Since I've already hit my original goal and surpassed it (I'm at 16), I'm going to head up the next mountain, which is 24. Only 8 more books to go this year. I think I can, I think I can.
1. You Cannoli Die Once by Shelley Costa
2. New Lands by Geoff Rodkey
3. Gladiator: A True Story of 'Roids, Rage, and Redemption by Dan Clark
4. Lost and Fondue by Avery Aames
5. Mayhem at the Orient Express by Kylie Logan
6. Murder Past Due by Miranda James
7. I Even Funnier by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein
8. Clammed Up by Barbara Ross
9. Gluten for Punishment by Nancy J. Parra
10. The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly
11. Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman
12. Clobbered by Camembert by Avery Aames
13. Melissa Explains it All by Melissa Joan Hart
14. The Reversal by Michael Connelly
15. Dead Man's Switch by Tammy Kaehler
16. Bran New Death by Victoria Hamilton
17. Death in Four Courses by Lucy Burdette
18. Drizzled with Death by Jessie Crockett
19. To Brie or Not to Brie by Avery Aames
20. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy
21. Kneading to Die by Liz Mugavero
22. Topped Chef by Lucy Burdette
23. Foul Play at the Fair by Shelley Freydont
24. Do or Diner by Christine Wenger
25. Speaking of Murder by Tace Baker
26. Silent Knife by Shelley Freydont