Saturday, January 25, 2014

Reading Challenge: 2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenges

Somebody stop me before I sign up for another reading challenge.  Seriously.  But I've decided to tackle a couple of different series this year, so I'm signing up for two more challenges.

Fortunately, they pretty much work hand in hand, so you could say I'm only signing up for one more, really.  They are the 2014 Series Challenge and the 2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge.  You can follow the links to find out more, but the gist of each one is that you must finish one or more series during 2014.  The series must have at least 2 books in it by December of the year to count.  There are two main series that will actually make this a challenge and then several more I'm throwing on just because.

For the Series Challenge, I'm going for the silver level, which is 4-6 series.  For Finishing the Series, that makes me at Level 3, which is 3+ series.  And, unlike the others, I'm naming names right now, so here's the list of what I'm counting.  I'll come back and add links as I get them read.

The Cheese Shop Mysteries by Avery Aames:
1. The Long Quiche Goodbye (read in 2010)
2. Lost and Fondue
3. Clobbered by Camembert
4. To Brie or Not to Brie
5. Days of Wine and Roquefort

The Key West Food Critic Mysteries by Lucy Burdette:
1. An Appetite for Murder
2. Death in Four Courses
3. Topped Chef
4. Murder with Ganache
5. Death with All the Trimmings

Those are the main reason I am signing up for these challenges, but I figured as long as I'm at it, I might as well list a few other series I plan to read two books in this year.

Miracolo Mysteries by Shelley Costa:
1. You Cannoli Die Once
2. Basil Instinct

Hat Shop Mysteries by Jenn McKinlay:
1. Cloche and Dagger
2. Death of a Mad Hatter

Chronicles of Egg by Geoff Rodkey:
1. Deadweather and Sunrise (read in 2013)
2. New Lands
3. Blue Sea Burning

That's a lot of reading, so I'd better get busy.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the series challenge, Mark. There are a couple on your list that I want to read too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And I'm not surprised that we have some cross over on our to be read piles.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.