Wednesday, March 12, 2014

March 12th's Waiting on Wednesday

Greetings and welcome to this week's Waiting on Wednesday.  Over in my little corner of the web, this week I'm waiting for Ghost of a Gamble by Sue Ann Jaffarian, the fourth in the Ghost of Granny Apples series.


I don't normally do paranormal with my mystery, but for this series I made an exception because Sue Ann has become a friend.  I'm glad I did because it really is fun.

The series features Emma Whitecastle who discovered her ability to see and talk with ghosts after her great-great-grandmother, Granny Apples, made contact.  Together, the two help ghosts solve mysteries that are connected to the past and the present.  The characters are good, but none better than Granny herself who is a hoot as she indulges in modern things like TV.

This book will feature a case set in Las Vegas and involving the Vegas of the 1950's.  As usual, I'm keeping myself away from too much information about the book until I sit down to read it.

While this is book four in the series, it also represents the first book to be published by Berkley Prime Crime.  The previous three were published by Midnight Ink.

The book comes out April 1st (no, I'm not fooling), and you can bet I will be diving into it soon after.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the idea of a ghost granny and a modern woman solving murder mysteries together! I hope you enjoy this one when you get it!
    Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a great rest of your week!
    My WoW
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.