Friday, March 7, 2014

March 7th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

And we come to the end of another week.  Which means it's time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm going with a book I hope to finish up today - An Appetite For Murder by Lucy Burdette.  In a rare case of reading out of order, I read an ARC of book 4 in the series back in January, and I liked it enough that I'm going back to the first book now.

So, shall we get down to business?

Here's how the book opens.

Lots of people think they'd love to eat for a living.  Me?  I'd kill for it.

Which is a rather ironic opening considering the main character is the chief suspect in a murder.

Anyway, moving forward to page 56:

My heart sank with a desperate clunk - suddenly the murder felt exquisitely real, and my so-called involvement, very scary.

As I said, my plan as of now is to finish the book today and have the review up on Saturday.  We'll see how I do.

14 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds interesting. Here is my BB. (New follower :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the many cozies I just love to read. They are fun.

      Delete
  2. You'd think food and murder wouldn't mix, but then if you look at the show Hannibal, you clearly can combine the two! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a good weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many culinary cozies out there they mix just great. Heck, I don't read all of the ones I wish I could.

      Delete
  3. The opening made me curious. I wonder who's talking. Are they on a strict diet? I enjoy culinary cozies too. Have you read TOXIC TORTE by Lori Pollard-Johnson? You might enjoy it.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: THE MERMAIDS SINGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even heard of that book. Thanks for suggesting it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds very intriguing and fun!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mysteries and this one has a great start. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a beginning! Interesting Friday 56, too.

    Linking from Freda's Voice,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.