Sunday, August 21, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Cuckoo for Disney Pins - 2021 Release

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Little used ride in immediately recognizable pin
Cons: Creepy; a bit simple
The Bottom Line:
Mr. Toad gets pin
With good representation
But it is creepy


Slightly Creepy Cuckoo Clock

Even after years of going on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, I still haven’t quite figured it out.  Okay, I get most of the ride, but what’s with the ending?  That comes out of left field even after having seen the movie and read the book.  I must not be the only one since it isn’t normally included in various pin series that Disney releases, but we did get an entry for it in the Cuckoo for Disney Pins series.  And it is appropriately creepy.

The face of the clock is a good representation of the front of the ride, which is supposed to be the front of Toad Hall.  We’ve got the doors, with the face of the clock itself above a banner that announces Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride.  Dangling from the pin we have a silhouette of Toad standing up on a car, trying to get it to go faster.

The part that makes this pin a little creepy is that we have two demons hanging on to the top of the clock.  They also add the only real bit of color the pin has.  Most of the pin is shades of gray or tan, but they are red.

While I do appreciate them including this ride in the series, it’s not one of my favorites.  Part of it is that it seems a little too simple.  It’s just the front of the ride building.  There really isn’t much of anything to fancy it up.  And yes, I do find the demons being on it creepy, although that does help establish what the pin is.  On the plus side, any fan of Disneyland would instantly recognize which attraction this pin represents.

On the whole, I feel like this pin is a bit average.  Still, fans of the ride or those collecting this series will be glad they have it in their collection.

1 comment:

  1. I've never actually ridden Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - they don't have it at Disney World anymore but it sounds absolutely bizarre! I expected the pin to be a bit more eye catching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.