Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for March 15th

It's Friday!  So here again are Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm reading The Silent Ghost, an e-book novella in the Ghost of Granny Apples series by Sue Ann Jaffarian.





Here's the first sentence:

Tanisha Costello pressed an index finger into the bits of flakey dough and nuts left on her plate and brought it to her lips, licking it slowly.

And here's the Friday 56.  (Okay, I'm not 56% in, so I'm going with 37%.)

Granny studied Tanisha, then turned to Kelly with a grin.  "I like this girl.  We think alike - great minds and all."

Like the full length novels I've read before, this is a fun, intriguing supernatural mystery.  Review to come in the next couple of days, I'm sure, since it is a fast read.

Speaking of which, I just reviewed last week's book, Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Very visual descriptions....and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the author always does a good job of painting pictures with words without slowing things down.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read a ghost story in a while. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are fun ghost mysteries. Occasionally spooky but mostly fun.

      Delete
  3. Mmm it sounds really, really interesting. i think I'm going to add to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series really is a lot of fun. As if her Odelia Grey mysteries.

      Delete
  4. Made me hungry thinking about apples... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nothing. Granny is famous for her apple pies. Now I bet your mouth is really watering.

      Delete
  5. Ha,ha! Love your Friday 56! That's what my grandma thinks when she meets some of my friends: "I like her.You have to be friends with her."
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, does your grandma have good taste in friends for you?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.