Saturday, March 2, 2013

What I Read in February

It's time again for my monthly list of the books I read.


All ratings are on a scale from 1 (bad) to 5 (great).  Links will take you to my full review.

A teenage Sherlock Holmes takes a trip to London to visit his brother only to find his brother as the only suspect in a locked room murder.  It's an interesting and fun book, but it was rather slow to get going.

In this stand alone novel, Scott James is trying to return to the LAPD after being shot in the line of duty, losing his partner in the process.  He's joined the K-9 unit and teamed up with Maggie, a dog who has also undergone trauma.  Will the two help each other heal?  And will Scott track down the men who shot him?  This reminds me why I need to read more Crais.  I loved the book, feeling for the characters and getting caught up in the story.  I'm not a dog person either, so that tells you just how great the characters are.

At times, an interesting look at running throughout history.  However, the book really needed better focus, and I often got frustrated by his rabbit trails.

Cora Felton has found herself involved in another murder when a Sudoku shows up on the body of a man poisoned at a boarding house in town.  It's the usual verbal sparring and puzzles fans of the series will love.  I was just bothered by one action Cora took part way through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.