Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Candy Review: Hershey's Kisses - Pumpkin Spice

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Delicious pumpkin spice flavor captured in a little Hersey's Kiss
Cons: Only if you don't like pumpkin
The Bottom Line
Seasonal delight
Perfectly flavored pumpkin
Leaves you wanting more




Pumpkin Spice Flavor with a Kiss of White Chocolate

Despite my parents (or is that to spite them), I love pumpkin – pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins….  And thanks to my discovery this year, I can add Hershey's Kisses - Pumpkin Spice to the list.

The orange and brown striped wrapper looks just like a normal kiss, and the shape is the same as well.  You’d certainly never know that these are something different – until you unwrap them.  Inside the foil, you’ll find an orange covered kiss.  If you bite into it, you’ll discover a small white chocolate core, but most of the candy is made up of the orangey outside layer.

And that’s a good thing.  These kisses don’t take much like chocolate but then again white chocolate rarely does.  Instead, they taste just like perfectly spiced pumpkin, and the white chocolate adds a touch of sweetness while letting the pumpkin spice flavor take center stage.  I can pop one in my mouth and taste the delicious cookies or muffins I’ve had in the past.  They melt in your mouth fairly easily, although I find it hard to wait long enough for them to melt.  I’m chewing and swallowing while unwrapping the next one.

Which isn’t necessarily a good thing since these kisses aren’t good for you.  9 of these guys have 210 calories, 110 of them from fat.  And there are no nutrients to speak of at all.  What did you expect from candy?

This is hardly surprisingly when you take a look at the ingredients.  We've got your sugar, vegetable oil, milk, corn syrup solids, and whey, with less than 2% of a ton of other things that aren't healthy for you either.

Hersey’s makes these in the early fall to coincide with Halloween.  That just might be a good thing.  It gives me something to look forward to and it keeps me from eating too many all year round.

So, if you like pumpkin, give the Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses a try.  I bet you are unwrapping the second before you’ve completely eaten the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.