Thursday, July 18, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for July 19th

After taking a month off, I'm back for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring The Wrong Girl by Hank Phillippi Ryan.  I was lucky enough to get an ARC via Amazon's Vine Program.  The book itself doesn't come out until September.  I finished it today, and I've got to say it was great.  Watch for my review early next week.

The book starts off like this:

"Listen, Jane.  I don't think she's my real mother."

Page 56, at least in my ARC, is the end of a chapter.  There isn't much on the page, but here we go.

"Who died and put you in charge?" Kevin said.

It's a page turner.  Trust me.  You'll want to read this book when it comes out in a couple of months.

8 comments:

  1. The beginning sure is a great opener. I could already tell that there's going to be lots of drama involved.

    The line from page 56 made me chuckle. I wonder what Kevin is refusing to do.

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mystery, and a very strong one. While there is some comic relief, that first sentence really pulled me in and set the tone.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this one...mine is also from a Vine book, here at MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for Vine books!

      If there are still copies of this one available in Vine, definitely consider getting it.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a page turner and I like the cover. Haven't read anything of hers before but have heard nothing but good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to those good things. Her books are enjoyable.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I did try to something that would catch people's attention.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.