Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cookie Review: Pepperidge Farm Caramel Apple Pie Limited Edition Cookies

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Delicious apple pie flavor
Cons: Not much caramel, expensive, bad for you
The Bottom Line
Lacks the caramel
But as apple pie cookie
Very delicious




True, They Could Use More Caramel, but These Caramel Apple Pie Cookies Are Delicious

A recent trip to the store found me coming home with a couple different types of Pepperidge Farm limited edition cookies.  Of them, the Caramel Apple Pie are by far my favorites.

I must admit, I was hesitant at first about getting them.  I'm not the biggest fan of apples.  But I love cooked apples and apple pie, so I decided to give them a shot.

And they do taste remarkably like apple pie.  The spices are just perfect, and the little bits of apple really do give it that flavor.  The cookies are soft and chewy, so it's a delicious snack your tongue will love.

You'll notice I left out part of the title in my description.  Despite the fact that there are caramel bits in the cookies, you really don't notice them that much.  I noticed a little bit, but not enough to really make it part of the name of the cookie.  If these were called Apple Pie cookies, I would have no problem.

Yet I really do like these cookies.  The disappointment over the lack of caramel isn't as bad as I expected it to be.  Frankly, I'm a little surprised since I do love caramel.

Like all Pepperidge Farm cookies, these are an expensive treat.  A bag of 8 cookies cost me close to $3 at my local Wal-Mart.  No, this isn't in my normal budget.  I was just curious enough about the flavor I had to give it a try.

These are cookies.  Are you remotely surprised that just one cookie has 130 calories?  I'm not.  45 of those are from fat.  And you can't justify the little bits of Calcium and Iron you'd get here.  These are just plain bad for you.  That's why they taste so good.

A look at the ingredients shows the usual suspects of flour, several kinds of sugar, butter…all those things that make these taste so good but aren't really good for you.  Yes, they do have apple bits in them, but they're half way down the ingredients list, so you know how much each cookie actually contains.

They really need to up the caramel flavor in the Caramel Apple Pie Cookies.  But these are good enough on their own that I really don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.