Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ornament Review: Happiness is a Warm Cookie - 2011 Hallmark Ornament

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute, well balanced ornament
Cons: Will make you crave cookies of any kind
The Bottom Line
Snoopy's a baker
Delicious looking cookies
Cute combination




Warning: Happy Cookie Cravings Ahead

I try to limit my Peanuts ornament purchases each year from Hallmark.  And I really don't need any more of Snoopy since I've been buying the Spotlight on Snoopy ornament for years.  Yet I couldn't resist getting Happiness is a Warm Cookie last year.  It's just so cute.

The ornament really could fit in the Spotlight on Snoopy series since it includes just Snoopy and Woodstock.  In fact, the ornament was sculpted by Tracy Larsen who has done many of the ornaments in that series.  But it is a standalone piece.

The ornament features Snoopy as a baker.  He's wearing a white chef's hat that says "hohohohoho" on a red ban around the base.  He's also wearing a red apron that says "Happiness is a Warm Cookie" on it.  He's obviously just finished baking some delicious looking sugar cookies because he's holding a tray of them in his right hand. Woodstock is sitting on top of the cookies.  Both of them are in the process of sampling their hard work.  The cookies look like sugar cookies.  They are tan and covered with glitter to make them sparkle.  And they are obviously as good as they look.  How can I tell?  Snoopy's tongue is licking his lips on the left side of his mouth.

The overall effect when you look at the ornament is very red and white.  That makes it really stand out on a green Christmas tree.  While I'm not a fan of an overabundance of glitter on ornaments, I do like it here.  It's not overdone instead adding just a touch of highlight to the piece.

Of course, the down side is that every time I look at the ornament, I start craving warm cookies.  This is not a good ornament to get if you are on a diet.

Snoopy's feet are level, so you can place him on a table or shelf and display the ornament that way.

However, if you want to hang it on your tree, you'll want to put a hook in the little brass ring on the top of Snoopy's chef hat.  Snoopy might hang forward just a bit when you go to hang him, but I'm splitting hairs at this point.  To the casual observer, he's hanging straight.

As soon as I saw the picture for this one last year, I knew I had to get it.  Seeing it in person only confirmed my desire.  It really is a cute ornament that any fan of Peanuts will love since it will give them the warm fuzzies.

Happiness is owning Happiness is a Warm Cookie.

Original Price: $14.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.