Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ornament Review: Monsters Inc. - Disney/Pixar Legends #2 - 2012 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Ornament captures relationship between two characters
Cons: It's too cute to have a con
The Bottom Line
Sulley and Boo bond
Fans of their relationship
Will want to get this




Kitty and Boo Snuggle Up for Their Disney/Pixar Legends Close Up

Monsters Inc. is one of my all time favorite movies, and the reason is the warm relationship between Sulley, aka Kitty, and Boo, the little girl who wanders through her closet and finds herself in Monstropolis.  And these two characters are the subject of Monsters Inc., the second in Hallmark's Disney/Pixar Legends ornament series.

The ornament is mostly Sulley because the big, blue monster is so much bigger than the little girl.  That means the ornament is mostly blue with large purple spots.  But Boo is definitely there.  Her head and a tiny bit of her red shirt are visible in her purple monster costume that they use to try to disguise her presence in the movie.  She is in Sulley's arms, and he is holding her close.  For her part, Boo has an arm up to touch Sulley's face, making it look like the two are hugging.

If I love the movie because of the relationship between these two, you can only imagine how much I love this ornament.  Like Sulley and Boo who are smiling as they look at each other, I can't help but smile as I look at it.

Sulley can stand on his own two feet.  I always figured this ornament would stand upright, but I figured it would use Sulley's tail for balance.  But that's not the case.  In fact, the tail doesn't touch the ground at all when you set it down.  Yes, there's a little rocking, but the ornament is steady enough to withstand most anything but a very hard jolt.

Since Sulley is leaning forward, the hook for hanging is actually at the base of his neck.  If the ornament isn't hanging straight, I sure can't tell.

The bottom of Sulley's left foot has the series information (a 2 in a Christmas tree) as well as the copyright information.

To say I love this ornament is an understatement.  It captures exactly why I love Monsters Inc. the movie so much.  Naturally, I will love this Monsters Inc. ornament for years to come.

And if you love Disney and Pixar, you'll want to check out the rest of the Disney/Pixar Legends series.

Original Price: $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.