Friday, July 5, 2013

Ornament Review: Toymaker Santa #10 - Remote Control Airplane - 2009 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Remote control plane in a fun ornament
Cons: I'd crash one if I actually had one
The Bottom Line:
Santa flies a plane
And makes it look like fun.  Great
Christmas ornament




Santa's Flying High with this Remote Control Plane

Considering my ability or lack there or to properly drive a remote control car, it's probably for the best that I never had a remote control plane.  That thing would have crashed within seconds.  But there is still a nostalgic feel to Toymaker Santa #10 that makes me smile.

Yes, in this entry in Hallmark's ornament series, Santa is testing out a remote control plane that he's just finished.  He's wearing his usual green shirt, red pants, and tan apron.  In his hands, he's holding the remote, and they plane is flying toward him.  Maybe he's not any better at controlling these things than I am.  The plane is red and white with 2009 written on it.

Actually, I think the way the plane is facing is a result of the wire.  There's a fairly thin metal wire that connects the plane to the remote, winding behind Santa.  While it almost looks like something really connected, I'm sure it is just to give the plane the illusion of actually flying.  When this ornament is hanging on a tree, it actually doesn't tend to blend into the shadows and the plane does have the illusion of flying as long as you don't look too closely at the ornament.

That's one thing I love about the ornament.  While not perfect, its fun that the plane looks like it is flying.  Even when you see the wire, it's easy to pretend that it isn't there.  After all, Christmas is about that magic, right?

Santa is standing on just one foot, which actually does help me think the plane is heading directly for him instead of by him.  As a result, the ornament doesn't stand up at all, so the only way to display it is the hang it.  When you do hang it, he looks like he's hanging straight to me.

The plane has all the copyright information and the 10 in a Christmas tree on the under side of the wings.  And they put the year of initial release on the one wing.

This is a fun addition to the Toymaker Santa series.  So grab your remote and hang this one on your tree today.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Toymaker Santa series.

Original Price: $15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.