Monday, June 17, 2013

Ornament Review: Grill Master Snoopy - Spotlight on Snoopy #14 - 2011 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great looking ornament captures a fun idea
Cons: Feels more like summer than Christmas
The Bottom Line
Grilling up hot dogs
Captures lots of fun even if
It feels like summer




Let Grill Master Snoopy BBQ for You with This Delicious Christmas Ornament

After a few years of ornaments that only partially interested me, I'm glad to say that Hallmark's Spotlight on Snoopy series is back in full swing.  While they've burned through all of his more famous characters from the strip, they seem to have hit on some fun things I could easily picture him doing.  That's definitely the case with 2011's entry, Grill Master Snoopy.

In this ornament, Snoopy and Woodstock are grilling hot dogs.  There are two on the grill and Snoopy has just speared one.  He and Woodstock both have buns open and ready to go.

Of course, you might be wondering exactly how this ties into Christmas.  Good question.  Well, the grill is green.  Snoopy is wearing a green bow tie.  And he has on a red chef's hat and red apron.

Okay, so I'm totally stretching.  Honestly, that's my only complaint about the ornament.  I love how it looks, and it makes me hungry.  But it makes me think of July BBQ's and not Christmas at all.  Then again, very few of the ornaments in this series have direct ties to Christmas, so that's not necessarily a new thing.  I do wish it weren't so summery, however.

The ornament can be displayed standing up, although it's not completely steady.  The feet on the grill must not be even because it rocks back and forth a little.  Still, as long as you leave it alone, it'll stand up.  It would take a good bump to knock it over.

He fairs much better when you hang him.  There's a loop in the front of Snoopy's hat.  It must be pretty much the center of gravity because if he's not hanging straight, I can't find the tilt at all.

Like all of Hallmark's series ornaments, this one features the number in the series in a Christmas tree hidden on the ornament.  Okay, so it's not exactly hidden.  Like with most of the ornaments in the series, it's on Snoopy's feet.  It's raised but white, so you have to be looking for it to see it.

It's too bad I only decorate at Christmas because Grill Master Snoopy would be perfect for Fourth of July.  Not that I'm going to let that fact keep me from enjoying hanging him on my Christmas tree.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Spotlight on Snoopy series.

Original Price: $12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.