Saturday, June 29, 2013

Cookie Review: Coconut Dreams by Keebler


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfect blending of chocolate, caramel, and coconut
Cons: Not healthy



The Bottom Line:
Great combination
Delicious ingredients
Cookies vanish fast

My Dream Came True When I Found Coconut Dreams

Over the last couple of years, I've come to realize that Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies aren't my favorite they make.  I actually prefer the Samoas.  I make sure I buy a box or two each year and really savor them as long as I can stand.

Last month, I made the deadly decision to wander down the cookie aisle at my local grocery store.  That's when I spotted Keebler's Coconut Dreams.  The picture looked just about like the Samoa cookie and they were on sale, so I gave them a try.  They are so close I am going to have a serious problem not buying these year round.

These deadly concoctions feature a vanilla cookie as the base.  The bottom of the cookie is coated in fudge.  On the top, you've got caramel and coconut with a drizzling of fudge.

Let's see, I love caramel and chocolate and coconut.  With each bite, you can taste all three.  These might be a miss if the proportions weren't right, but they are a perfect blend of all three flavors.  You can't go wrong.  And they taste as close to the Samoa cookies as I had hoped.  I now have a great substitute I can buy year round.

Not that I should buy them year round.  A package comes with 18 cookies.  When you figure you've spent several dollars on them, they are definitely expensive.  Just two cookies gives you 140 calories, half of them from fat.  Nutrients?  There are none to be found.

The ingredients are almost what you'd expect.  You've got sugar, flour, vegetable oil, coconut, and cocoa.  But this is a time to double check the listing.  Down in the less than 2% category they have peanut flour.  So if you have a peanut allergy, you'll have to steer clear.  That one surprises me since I can't really see the need for it here.

But if peanuts aren't an issue for you, you'll love indulging in Coconut Dreams.  Just try not to eat the entire package in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.