Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cookie Review: Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Limited Edition Cookies

Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Delicious pumpkin flavor in a soft, moist cookie
Cons: No cheesecake flavor at all
The Bottom Line
Pumpkin part is great
But there is no cheesecake taste
Good disappointment




Pumpkin?  Check!  Cheesecake?  Well...Um...

I was recently in my local Wal-Mart, and I spotted a display of Pepperidge Farm cookies, including some limited edition kinds.  Never being one to pass up limited edition cookies, I had to give them a try.  One of those I bought were the Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies.  I like them, but they sure don't live up to their name.

You can tell right away how good these cookies will taste by how wonderful they smell.  Yes, as soon as you open the package, you can smell the delicious pumpkin flavor.  And make no mistake about it, these cookies absolutely do taste wonderful.  The spicy pumpkin flavor is delicious, although if you don't like pumpkin, that certainly isn't a selling point.  And the soft texture is delightful.

However, these have cheesecake in their name, and that was a big selling point to me.  I love cheesecake.  And these cookies have white pieces of something in them.  These white pieces are certainly sweet.  But there is no way in the world anyone will mistake them for cheesecake.  They could just as easily be white chocolate.

And considering the price that Pepperidge Farm cookies go for (I paid close to $3.00 for this package of 8 cookies), they really should taste like their name, don't you think?

These are cookies, so don't be expecting anything nutritious about them.  One cookie has 130 calories, 40 of them from fat.  There is a tiny bit of Calcium and Iron in them, but not enough to really count.  That's not surprising when you look at the ingredient list and see flour, sugar, oil, butter, and more sugar as the first few ingredients.

Don't get me wrong, these cookies taste wonderful.  However, they don't live up to the Pumpkin Cheesecake name.  Factor in the price, and you've got yourself some cookies that are only average despite their delicious flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.