Friday, June 7, 2013

Candy Review: Hershey's Caramel Milk Chocolate Kisses

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Milk chocolate filled with caramel.  What else do you need to know?
Cons: Milk chocolate filled wtih caramel isn't too healthy for you



The Bottom Line
Milk chocolate filled
With caramel makes for a
Delicious candy

Hershey's Kisses with Caramel - a Great Blend of Milk Chocolate and Caramel

After trying the Candy Cane and Mint Truffle varieties of Hershey's Kisses earlier this month, I decided I need to try some more varieties.  The first new one I ran across was Hershey's Kisses with Caramel.  I love them, which isn't a big surprise since I love the individual components.

The caramel variety of Hershey's Kisses features a milk chocolate hard shell.  It's in the teardrop shape that we normally associate with these chocolate candies.  What makes them different is the insides are filled with a gooey caramel.  It is slightly runny, so when you bit into them, it oozes out a little and jumps on your taste buds.  If you bit into half of a kiss, you might find a little hanging down from the candy.  Of course, the kisses are so small that it is easy to just pop one in your mouth and enjoy.

Now, milk chocolate is my favorite variety of chocolate.  I absolutely love caramel in any form it comes in.  So you can imagine how I feel about these guys.  Rich creamy caramel goodness with a taste of chocolate in them as well.  The first one I had made me smile, and I just love popping them in my mouth.  They are highly addictive.

Which is a bad thing since they aren't good for you.  I know, I know, a candy that isn't good for you.  What a shock.  Nine of the little guys provide you with no real nutrients and 190 calories, 90 of which are from fat.  That slows me down from each an entire bag in one sitting.  It's not too surprising since the list of ingredients, at least those I know what are, are mainly sugar, butter, chocolate, and milk.

The bag I bought has a Valentine's theme of red and pink wrapping.  I think from what I've seen these are made year round, but I haven't investigated enough to fine out.

If they are, I will be in serious trouble.  Hershey's Kisses with Caramel are an absolutely wonderful treat I will find very hard to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.